95gr Berger Classic hunter bullets

I have had great luck with 95 CH in 243. Shot several does and three mule deer bucks with this bullet. It seems to be a little tougher than the VLD all but one exited. 3 high shoulders all exited through bone on the other side. I will post a pic later.

Of all my rifles in different calibers, and targets shot with them, and different bullets, My absolute best is a Red Hawk rifles Remington 243 in Bell and Carlson stock and 26" Remington varmit barrel shooting the Berger 95 CH. I shot 3 factory loads to foul the barrel and proceeded to shoot a .113" group at 100 yds. It was a very low pressure load of 42.1 gr of imr4831 going a scant 2775 fps. That was with my one and only load workup. Took all the fun out of development. I have only shot 3 more rounds through that gun over 5 years, and they were at 400 yds and came in just under one inch. 400 yds is about the limit on my little hill farm in regards to range, and to me That's far enough for the .243.

I actually took a different approach. I use H4350. I'm getting 3000 fps and could go higher bu I'd just be wasting barrel life.

I hav noticed that every time I run Berger bullets, they prefer the slower burning powders.

The 243 is probably on the small end of what 4350 is good for, but it runs a consistent .5 MOA out of a factory sporter barrel. The barrel will be getting replaced soon anyways though.
I also use H4450 with the 95's in my " cheap" Ruger Amercan shoots great out to 600 yards. Probably farther just haven't tried it yet.