New Berger Bullet Classic Hunter Offerings

Its not a Classic Hunter design, but we do already have a 170gr EOL Elite Hunter for a heavy-for-caliber .277 bullet.

In the future in would be nice to see Berger add to the .277 caliber, since your 170 gr. Elite Hunter is all we have since Matrix sold his company and took the .277 cal. dies with him (his favorite caliber) a 160, 162 or 165 gr. Elite hunter would be really nice.

I second that motion on the 277 heavies.I have a new build with a 9 twist that was purpose built for the 165 matrix and unless berger builds us one a bit shorter like you mentioned I guess I have to hope I can stabilize the 170s

Last edited:
I second that motion on the 277 heavies.I have a new build with a 9 twist that was purpose built for the 165 matrix and unless berger builds us one a bit shorter like you mentioned I guess I have to hope I can stabilize the 170s

I have 2 boxs of the 170 gr. Bergers and on the box it states 1:8.3 for the twist rate, so you should be okay. I still would like to see them bring out a 165 gr. Elite hunter.gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.