85 Hammer Hunters-killing stuff

prcn

I chopped a 6.5 Creedmoor Ruger #1B last year down to 16 inches to make it handy with a suppressor. 85 Hammer Hunters and some Varget seem to be working well.
I hunt the Upstate of SC and we don't have a lot of long shots. (250 yards is about the maximum in most areas I hunt).
I killed a doe 5 weeks ago at 84 yards. She ran 25 yards and tipped over.
I saw a coyote about 250 yards out while deer hunting in the neighbors pasture. I had my FOXPRO and called him into about 100 yards and on my side of the fence.
I shot a hog yesterday evening while deer hunting. Bang flop.
We don't have many hogs in my neck of the woods. It was fun to have some target practice and to try out these new to me 85 Hammer Hunters on game. So far so good.
IMG_9638.jpg
IMG_9876.jpg
pig.jpg

That's a slick little rig! I have a suppressor coming in hopefully February.... The ATF's anticipated 90 day turn around for eforms is looking more like 10 months for me.

Anyway, I am also considering a SBR stamp for my bolt action receiver, and chopping my barrel to 12". Looks like you acieved the overall length I'm looking for, without having to get another tax stamp!

Side note, I loaded some of those bullets in a 6.5 Creedmoor for my brother last year. He was a little apprehensive at first, but was very pleased with the terminal performance on his doe (only deer he shot with those bullets).

I'm a tight ***, looking for a reason to spend $1/rnd for bullets. I know, I know. I'm about there just too tight in the past, price of other components and availability have leveled the field.