820 Yard cow elk pics

[ QUOTE ]
p.s.I shot his brother the next morning with a lowly 6-284 at the same distance.

[/ QUOTE ]

YOU SHOT GGs BROTHER???!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Where are the pictures? And don't plea the fifth neither. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

4ked Horn,
NO I DID NOT shoot GG's brother (GG would beat me to that any day, his little bro is a p.o.s.) I shot the 1500yd. rockchuck's brother (and big bro. I might add.)
B.
GG has the Pic's , post 'EM and help me out.

Here it is-the 1515 butterball chuck! I don't know about shaking hands with vermin. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

b1515.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

SHAME ON YOU! The worst thing hunters can do is seperate in views. We should stick together, not drive wedges between us. THAT IS WHAT ANTI-HUNTERS WANT US TO DO!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Great shot GG. That also was a very articulate defense of long range hunting. I've done some 1000 yard benchrest shooting, and it is truly amazing the accuracy that is possible at that range ... even with factory rifles. A good friend of mine has shot 5" groups at 1000 yards with a bone stock, scoped Swedish Mauser.

I agree with your point that we hunters need to stick together, but even further, I think we shooters need to stick together. I can't count the number of times I've heard hunters say nobody needs an AR-15/M1A/Ak-47 or other "assault weapon". Or they say people should not be allowed to carry concealed. So often we seem to get tunnel vision and look askew at others involved in discplines other than our own. Basically it comes down to issues of freedom and responsibility.

Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.