820 yard bull

450matt

Got my longest shot on a bull elk in Colorado the fifth day of the second season. It was 820 yards. Was using 300 weatherby with a 208 amax that's 3200 fps. The elk where we hunted this year was pretty bad only saw two legal Bulls. And one was one private. But it was a fun hunt.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    315.5 KB · Views: 124
Congratulations on a nice bull and a fantastic shot!

I had no idea that a 300 Wby could push a 208gr bullet at that speed. It is actually the same velocity that I get from my 300 RUM and I considered it a max load. :rolleyes:

Just I should have put some more details. It has a 29.5 inch hart barrel. And the load is with rl25 86 grains.

Nice shot. It Started To Cool Off Towards The End Of The week. We hunt unit 214 14 I got my cow on monday. I was getting worried cause we didn't see alot of elk only 1 guy out of our group got a bull. We ended up up with 3 cows 1 bull 2 muley bucks.

We hunted unit 22. Had two bull tags and filled one. We found six Bulls day before season but just to much pressure once season started. So we only got the one bull. Saw a few cows but no cow tags.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.