400 Yard Bull Elk

HammerBullets

Congratulations to Tony on his 400 yard Bull Elk. He was using his 28 Nosler and the 143 Hammer Hunter. Bullet impact was in the crease. The bullet was recovered mid-belly under the hide on the other side. He ran about 40 yards and expired.
2AC93E05-B702-49AE-A8B9-D4380FF8A2DE.jpeg

2AC93E05-B702-49AE-A8B9-D4380FF8A2DE.jpeg

Last edited:
Y'all need to get your facts straight on these posts. That's my Bull, that you already posted about. The shot was 400, not 543. And that's not the bullet that I contacted Steve about. The bullet I was concerned about was from a different Bull, and it didn't expand at all. Steve and I both came to the conclusion that it must have contacted brush on it's way in, causing the no expansion.

I know how bullets work, just like your IG post, this one kind of makes me look stupid.

Attachments

• hammer no exp.jpg
    hammer no exp.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 76
Y'all need to get your facts straight on these posts. That's my Bull, that you already posted about. The shot was 400, not 543. And that's not the bullet that I contacted Steve about. The bullet I was concerned about was from a different Bull, and it didn't expand at all. Steve and I both came to the conclusion that it must have contacted brush on it's way in, causing the no expansion.

I know how bullets work, just like your IG post, this one kind of makes me look stupid.
Major apologies. Misunderstood details in the email! AGAIN MAJOR APOLOGIES. Corrected all posts.