1,003 Yard Roosevelt Bull

Tumbleweed I have spent many hours with my drift boat fish the trask, wilson, Kilches and Nestucca rivers. I miss that aspect of living on the coast. Actually one year or should I say several years I archery hunted and my huntin buddy and I were back in around Tillamook head, just south of Seaside and we watched two of the biggest blacktail bucks feed for about an hour, my buddy kept saying the biggest one was an elk, but it was one of those huge blacktails that are smart enuff to not get killed. Another awesome place was up on Humbug mountain there by Saddle Mountain.
This brings back so many memories. Its funny people often talk about rude hunters, well if they want to see real rude then they need to go fish the ghost hole or the oyster house hole. For a while when I still lived over in Astoria I tried so hard to get a job in Tillamook so I could be near the fishing. Ya down there long range shots are truely needed in some of those brushy holes "aka canyons" I have yet to see a Rocky mountain bull elk as big as some of the big Rosies I use to see. So does your family run a dairy there on the Trask?

Tumbleweed I have spent many hours with my drift boat fish the trask, wilson, Kilches and Nestucca rivers. I miss that aspect of living on the coast. Actually one year or should I say several years I archery hunted and my huntin buddy and I were back in around Tillamook head, just south of Seaside and we watched two of the biggest blacktail bucks feed for about an hour, my buddy kept saying the biggest one was an elk, but it was one of those huge blacktails that are smart enuff to not get killed. Another awesome place was up on Humbug mountain there by Saddle Mountain.
This brings back so many memories. Its funny people often talk about rude hunters, well if they want to see real rude then they need to go fish the ghost hole or the oyster house hole. For a while when I still lived over in Astoria I tried so hard to get a job in Tillamook so I could be near the fishing. Ya down there long range shots are truely needed in some of those brushy holes "aka canyons" I have yet to see a Rocky mountain bull elk as big as some of the big Rosies I use to see. So does your family run a dairy there on the Trask?

We live on the family dairy farm that my dad runs. The Trask runs through the lower portion of our property. There's no better place to raise kids!

Yep get them up before school to do chores and when they get home from school take care of school work after the rest of the chores are done, no time to get into trouble. Well I probably drifted through your guys property when I had my drift boat. Thou I usually liked to fish the wilson or kilches more.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.