809 yards Oklahoma Whitetail

I was lucky enough to go visit family in Oklahoma for thanksgiving, amid the rona and a busy work schedule. While I was there, my family gave me permission to hunt a large piece of their property. It was a little windy, a little cold, and it even snowed. But I stuck with it and found a decent buck to put my tag on. I glassed him on the neighbors property, but he was cruising the fence. I kept watching him praying he'd jump the fence. He got down to the last spot I'd be able to see him, before he'd likely be gone. He stopped, and faced the fence. Holy sh!t, there's a hot doe ****ing on the ground on my side of the fence. He jumped the fence and proceeded to push her down behind the **** on the edge of the property. I didn't have time to close the distance, so I ranged, dialed elevation for 809, and dialed windage for a left to right of 10 mph. I setup on my bipod and sand bag. Put the crosshairs behind his shoulder and touched it off. The 175 eldx from my 7 saum dropped him right there. Right through both lungs. What a trip, and what a nice buck. His g3 was broken on one side, but still a great buck. Can't wait to go back and pick up the mount!
View attachment 237718View attachment 237719View attachment 237720View attachment 237721View attachment 237722View attachment 237723View attachment 237724
Nice work. Looks like you were within 50 miles of KS.

I was lucky enough to go visit family in Oklahoma for thanksgiving, amid the rona and a busy work schedule. While I was there, my family gave me permission to hunt a large piece of their property. It was a little windy, a little cold, and it even snowed. But I stuck with it and found a decent buck to put my tag on. I glassed him on the neighbors property, but he was cruising the fence. I kept watching him praying he'd jump the fence. He got down to the last spot I'd be able to see him, before he'd likely be gone. He stopped, and faced the fence. Holy sh!t, there's a hot doe ****ing on the ground on my side of the fence. He jumped the fence and proceeded to push her down behind the **** on the edge of the property. I didn't have time to close the distance, so I ranged, dialed elevation for 809, and dialed windage for a left to right of 10 mph. I setup on my bipod and sand bag. Put the crosshairs behind his shoulder and touched it off. The 175 eldx from my 7 saum dropped him right there. Right through both lungs. What a trip, and what a nice buck. His g3 was broken on one side, but still a great buck. Can't wait to go back and pick up the mount!
View attachment 237718View attachment 237719View attachment 237720View attachment 237721View attachment 237722View attachment 237723View attachment 237724
Very nice Buck. Gotta love them SAUMs.

Nice buck, nice photos -- BUT: I'm not sure I read this right, as I don't read asterisks very exactly. But it sounds to me as if you shot him just as he was getting ready to breed. Couldn't you have given him a few minutes more?

Great shooting . I notice no blood on the ground , did the bullet exit ? I quit using 143gr eldx from my creedmoor because zero blood trails and one lost buck because of it .I'm glad yours dropped in its tracks .I have moved on from the creedmoor and eldx .