Oklahoma whitetail outftters

Call a game warden in counties along North/South Canadian and Cimarron Rivers. They can probably direct you to a farmer who could use some extra money. If your hunting the river bottom, you wont need a outfitter, and you'll see plenty of deer. If there's cattle, hunt closer to the river, outside or near the fence, deer don't like sleeping where cattle can bother them, you'll see bucks later in the morning and earlier in the evening. Because of the North/South prevailing winds, and the sun being further to the south in the sky, I prefer hunting where the river runs more east/west. Lots of hogs in the river bottoms too. Alfalfa is always nice.

That's because large antlers don't taste any better than small ones, and the venison on a small 3 or 4 point is tasty and an old buck is raunchy. 😄

Exactly, there can be 47 does standing in a field when a spike walks out and BOOM! Everyone has to shoot a buck for some reason when doe tags are more plentiful and they usually don't care about antlers.

I checked out their current website yesterday. As for rates, I believe it said $2,750 for 3 nights - well within your budget. It is in your price range and you WILL see deer. The property is a working ranch. The foreman and his wife are your hosts and they'll feed you well and take you to/from the blind when and as often as you want and put you where you can see deer. The rest is up to you. We (6 of us) hunted there about four years ago and had a good time. They're good folks.

OK price is out of sight. Lots of nice Texas hunts in the Hill Country for less than $3K. Heck, you can shoot an exotic for $6500.

Thanks for all the replies i have emailed several of the outfitters suggested. Dgpcpa out of the 6 of you how many got a deer ? What size did you/they get ?

Thanks for all the replies i have emailed several of the outfitters suggested. Dgpcpa out of the 6 of you how many got a deer ? What size did you/they get ?
I hate to admit it but everyone of the 6, except me. I missed one; let a nice one go without knowing whether it was light enough yet; and missed an opportunity on the last morning. If I recall, most of the deer taken were at or about 130 or so. We saw larger dear plus one monster - but would had to make a shot at c. 150 or so braced on the pickup door. None of us want to hunt that way so we passed hoping to see him from a blind at a feeder, but did not see him again.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.