7Rem mag necked down or SA 7mm Mag

Wachsmann

Just curious... Has anyone necked down a 7MM Rem Mag to the 6.5mm or is this just the same as the 264 Win mag? also has anyone did the same with one of the SA 7mm mags. Would this be any different than the 6.5x284. I have not put any time in looking up case capacity for this stuff and I probablly should before asking some questions like this but it just popped into my head. Or even more powder burn the 7mm ultra mag down to the 6.5mm or 6mm. Now that would probablly be a smoking hot round but the barrel life would suck. A cyotes worst nightmare. gun)

That's right, You are looking at a 264 win mag. All those shortened magnums that came out during the late 50's and into the 60's to fit 30-06 length actions are about the same and you can make brass out of about any of them and interchange including the 257,270 and 7mm wby mags which have just a little longer necks that you have to trim.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.