7mm rem mag or 7mm STW

I have one of those PAST strap on shoulder recoil pads, and it takes just enough of the punch out to make most guns a pleasure to shoot. I found that holding the gun looser to my shoulder also took the sting out of shooting. Obviously, you don't want to hold it too loose, but I have learned to totally relax behind the gun and I can shoot my sporter weight 7STW and 300WM with heavy handloads all day long from the bench. I remove the sling studs also when shooting off of bags. These things almost eliminate muzzle jump, with the gun coming straight back.
Having said that, there is nothing wrong with getting a muzzle brake or porting if recoil bothers you. I have a sporter weight 338RUM that is ported and recoils like a 270. I wouldn't want any part of that gun with no recoil reduction.
Your 7STW Sendero shouldn't kick that bad. If it does, just get a pad or brake like some of the other guys have suggested and enjoy!

The best thing is to shoot something that has near the same kick level, or shoot the round you want to get. Recoil is subjective and everybody is different. I have shot 7 RM, 7 STW, 300 WM, 338 WM, and 300 RUM, all sporter weight rifles. None have muzzle brakes or any kind of special pad. I am 6'1 138 lbs, and I have no problems shooting any of them off a bench or in field positions. I love shooting my 300 RUM so much that my barrels toast, about 1100 rounds in 2 years. I have not developed a flinch, just got use to the kick, and I went in with the mindset that, "yah its going to kick, but I cant be scared of it". Just hold it tight in the pocket, and let it rock ya back. I have been scoped 3 times, laying prone with stout 220g bullets, but I did not let that get to me. Recoil is different to everybody though and everyone has there thresholds. I would say the recoil would not be bad in a sendero weight rifle, but thats just ME. If it turns out to be to much, put a limbsaver and it should cut it down to at least a 270 or so. Performance wise, you could probly add another 100-200 yards with the advantage going to the STW.
Until your retinas detach...