7mm WSM load data

[ QUOTE ]
Try shortmags.org

[/ QUOTE ]
been there done that unfortunatly its very heavly moderatored load data above mimimum gets deleted by a very up his own arse moderator

Quote :...unfortunatly its very heavly moderatored load data above mimimum gets deleted by a very up his own arse moderator

You got that right !

I have found the Nosler BT and Accubond very accurate (given that my rifle is a model 70 featherweight). Sub MOA for 5 shots .
Most accurate loads have been with 66.5gns H4831SC followed closely by 66.7gns of WXR . These give about 3150 FPS in a 24 inch barrel . The 4831 load is close to maximum and performs well in other 7mm WSM's too . WXR can go another 1 gn but accuracy drops off .
My rifle seems to like magnum primers (WLRM) despite what Winchester says .
I use Winchester brass and have chamfered and uniformed flash holes .

If you cannot get 140s to shoot for you, try the 162 A-Max. I know a couple of people who are using the bullet in tactical matches and sit a few towers with a shooter during a population reduction of whitetails at a local wheat and soybean farm. Never saw a deer take a single step after bullet impact. Ranges were from a just short of 300 to 680 yds. Consequintly, I began using the moly 178 A-Max in my .300WSM last season with equally good results.

The competitors who seem to consistently do well with the 7WSM are loading H1000 or RL22 with 162 A-Max and Retumbo or RL25 with 168 gr Bergers.

The shortmags.org website still has load data from several powder and bullet manufacturers in the downloads. The website once was very good with lots of experiences and info shared freely. Now it is largely about censorship and the moderators own opinions formed it seems from a very limited level of experience. Posts that do not comply with his viewpoint often never see the light of day. Threads that are beyond his base of knowledge or where the moderator's opinion runs counter to the majority are often locked or deleted. Questions that are asked that have been covered previously are treated in a similar fashion, with the poster referred to the other threads and no new info can be provided. I keep hanging there hoping the site will revert back to what it once was, but it most likely never will.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.