7mm sherman max

I shot the 180 eldm's for some time. I moved on to Berger 184's. The 180 Berger are a superior bullet IMO
So you're saying you shot 180 eldms, then 184 Bergers, now you're on 180 hybrids? I know the 180 hybrid is great, worked very well in my 7mn lrm, but the brass was horrendous, still have a bunch, with dies I'd love to get rid of. Hell still have the barrel too!

Sorry. I am saying that I moved away from 180 ELDM to Berger 180's-184's. I mostly shoot the 184 Berger Hybrid. I just had more consistent accuracy with Bergers. All the stories of blow ups mid air, along with my experience on game I decided to pass.

Rich, Im curious about % of capacity used for those max loads. Were they 100%? 90? 100+%?
You had mentioned using a drop tube so I can assume that you are right at 100.
Where did you start getting pressure signs?
If you have a little capacity left, I was talking with Shawn from Defensive Edge yesterday about adding a +p throat if there is. If the pressures come out right you could pick up 100-150 fps i believe. Shawn also likes the name Shermanator for the collaboration.
Another quick question, could you decrease capacity a little by going with a faster burning powder?
I'm looking at this for my Lone Peak Ti fuzion build.

Rich, Im curious about % of capacity used for those max loads. Were they 100%? 90? 100+%?
You had mentioned using a drop tube so I can assume that you are right at 100.
Where did you start getting pressure signs?
If you have a little capacity left, I was talking with Shawn from Defensive Edge yesterday about adding a +p throat if there is. If the pressures come out right you could pick up 100-150 fps i believe. Shawn also likes the name Shermanator for the collaboration.
Another quick question, could you decrease capacity a little by going with a faster burning powder?
I'm looking at this for my Lone Peak Ti fuzion build.
With N570, It is a compressed load to reach pressure with N570. All the other faster powders are somewhat less.

I find that N570 kernels are soooo long and allow a ton of wasted air space so I put mine in a coffee mill. Much better fill that way.
upload_2020-1-16_7-20-27.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-16_7-20-27.jpeg
    upload_2020-1-16_7-20-27.jpeg
    25.3 KB · Views: 84
With N570, It is a compressed load to reach pressure with N570. All the other faster powders are somewhat less.
Ok thanks, so not a whole lot of room leftover.
I know it's just a guess but what do you think the capacity %would be for superformance and would that be to fast?

I thought about doing something like that
I feel the burn rate might change a little? Case fill % might go down, and not to mention all your powder dispensing equipment will get powdered up. F it......might as well chop a line 50/50 w/ some snow and toot a hogleg of brown brown!