7mm sherman max

I am pretty sure the 7 max is the same size bolt face as the saum, correct? Has anyone ever run a sherman or anything short with a .540 bolt face out of a magpul hunter stock magazine?
Yes it's 534 diameter case head. I believe magpul hunter uses aics style mags, so max coal is 2.95 so the Sherman SS case would fit with all but the heaviest for caliber pullers as they may be too long. The MAX case line is definitely put of the decision if you want to use that stock.

Yes it's 534 diameter case head. I believe magpul hunter uses aics style mags, so max coal is 2.95 so the Sherman SS case would fit with all but the heaviest for caliber pullers as they may be too long. The MAX case line is definitely put of the decision if you want to use that stock.
Not sure if it makes a difference but I am using the long action hunter stock with magnum magazines with an ARC neuclus long action. Magpul's website says they accept up to 3.50coal. So I am pretty sure that the max will work. I am trying to find out if the sherman rnd will run in that mag. Website says wont run rum and saum cases but if the body of the case is the same as a 300wm I dont see why it wouldn't work

I am pretty sure the 7 max is the same size bolt face as the saum, correct? Has anyone ever run a sherman or anything short with a .540 bolt face out of a magpul hunter stock magazine?
It is std mag bolt face, yes. Im not sure on the magazine? what is the length?

Not sure if it makes a difference but I am using the long action hunter stock with magnum magazines with an ARC neuclus long action. Magpul's website says they accept up to 3.50coal. So I am pretty sure that the max will work. I am trying to find out if the sherman rnd will run in that mag. Website says wont run rum and saum cases but if the body of the case is the same as a 300wm I dont see why it wouldn't work
Its .020" larger diameter than the belt on a WM. Some mags you can just spread the feed lips a tad, but Im not sure on that one?

Mugpul long action magazines are made for 300wm or 7rm, they won't work with wsm/saum/nosler cases, they're too fat. Idk if they'd even work with a prc case, they might.

Mugpul long action magazines are made for 300wm or 7rm, they won't work with wsm/saum/nosler cases, they're too fat. Idk if they'd even work with a prc case, they might.
Thank you for the info. Rich, I have a question about the dies. Do the whidden dies only do full lenght resize? I ask because of brass life. I have always heard you get better brass life and accuracy from just neck sizing. I only ever use full lenght if I have different brass from what I shot. Otherwise it's just neck. I know you said that you are getting really good life out of your brass I am just asking all the questions I can think of before I go ahead and get everything done. And maybe I will have to get steel AI or accuracy international magazines I will have to try. I am just getting ready to pull the trigger on a preferred barrel prefit for my neuclus. It is 27in with an .850straight taper 1:8 5r twist.

Has anyone tried the billet mags from hells canyon armory or Tikka performance with the max cartridges?
The Max has been built on Tikkas with good success. Not sure about Hells canyon although they just used my Max reamer?
I just read the Hells Canyon spec and I'm sure they would work fine!

The Max has been built on Tikkas with good success. Not sure about Hells canyon although they just used my Max reamer?
I just read the Hells Canyon spec and I'm sure they would work fine!

I don't know much about Tikka, but I would consider one for such a build. What Tikka T3x rifle (and action length) would this magazine work with? Thanks.

I don't know much about Tikka, but I would consider one for such a build. What Tikka T3x rifle (and action length) would this magazine work with? Thanks.
Tikka T3 for WM or WSM. The actions are all the same. Get the WM and you wont have to move the bolt stop.
They are a great action for the $$

Savage brand aics Wm mags will accommodate saum brass. Aics Wm mags won't unless you modify. The bead rolls on the sides are deeper on the aics mags than the savage.

I'm currently waiting for my build from straight jacket and that's how I had to set it up. I am using cip length mags with hawking cip bottom metal and ARC LA.

Has anyone used Neil Jones Custom Dies? His FL sizing die bushing includes the shoulder. He makes his from a your fired brass like the other custom dies. There a=isn't a ton of reviews, but they are all good. Just wondering if anyone has used them. I'm putting my list of parts together for a 7 Max build.