7mm RemMag factory ammo

Hi Pecco22,

I have a few boxes of Remington 150 grain CoreLokt bullets that were manufactured when Remington indicated they'd travel at 3200 FPS. I've chrono'd a few. They went as fast as advertised. However, from what I understand, Remington neutered this load to some degree. I'd go with doubting that a slowed 150 grain CoreLokt would kill less dead.

I've killed deer using bargain shelf cartridges. I think that one would have to try to find a bullet that won't kill deer.

600 yards is a long way to shoot deer. My advice is to close distance. When I see game I want to tag that's a long way away, I try to close distance. I'd rather shoot a deer at a hundred yards than farther.

Hi Pecco22,

I have a few boxes of Remington 150 grain CoreLokt bullets that were manufactured when Remington indicated they'd travel at 3200 FPS. I've chrono'd a few. They went as fast as advertised. However, from what I understand, Remington neutered this load to some degree. I'd go with doubting that a slowed 150 grain CoreLokt would kill less dead.

I've killed deer using bargain shelf cartridges. I think that one would have to try to find a bullet that won't kill deer.

600 yards is a long way to shoot deer. My advice is to close distance. When I see game I want to tag that's a long way away, I try to close distance. I'd rather shoot a deer at a hundred yards than farther.
This is the "Long Range Hunting" Forum, it's what we do.

Practice practice practice.....exactly why u want to pick the right ammo for my gun
Have a box of federal 150 fusion to try now

L:DL! I just had a similar discussion on another thread with basically the same answer.

The bottom-line, LRH does NOT happen overnight, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE. gun)
I swear some of these guys must just get lost surfing the net and not realize where they are when they make such cracks.

I mean "What the hell man don't you know where you are???", of course I try to just say that to myself while I type out a more subtle and polite response in keeping with Len's preference for us acting like adults and doing our best to make everyone feel welcome.

Practice practice practice.....exactly why u want to pick the right ammo for my gun
Have a box of federal 150 fusion to try now
I've shot the Fusion in several calibers now and overall have been pleased with both how they shoot and the results on game.

My only complaint is that they don't give (or at least didn't in the past) you even basic ballistic information like BC's and they seem to all be loaded down resulting in lower velocities than the caliber is capable of and expected.

I have had very good luck shooting their Federal Premium Trophy Bonded Tip ammo in several calibers so you may want to give it a try as well. That bullet performs and flies very much like the Nosler Accubond and Hornady Interbond and the terminal performance has been excellent for me on deer and big hogs particularly when shooting their 7mm STW ammo over the years.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.