7mm Remington and Hammer bullets

**** no one??? Well, guess I'll fire mine up with some 131's pending how my 300 does with the 181's. 3300fps sounds more than reasonable!

I'm going to try the 143's ..number crunching shows slightly higher energy down range and less wind drift for the 143 over the 131--- the 131 shoots pretty flat though. Real world trumps number crunching though
Wanted a bit heavier but my twist rate wont support anything heavier.

I'm using the 143 in my 7mm STW 1:9 barrel. Shot a ladder up to 3680 fps but that was the third shot in a row velocity and impact were stringing vertically up the target. Backed off to 3390 where I had 2 shots 10 fps apart and it's pretty much bullet diameter groups out to 200 and as good as I can hold and shoot beyond that. Killed two elk and a deer last year with that bullet.

I have a 28 nosler shooting 155 hammer hunters at 3446. Steve did the load development. I havnt shot these loads yet due to work and bad weather.

Steve loaded rounds for my 7mm and the bullet/rifle was far more accurate than I am.

Dropped a bull elk where he stood, didn't take a step. Very very pleased

I just did a load work up for the 143HH in my x-bolt 7rm
came up with 3285fps and a .358" 3-shot group @ 100 yards
crunching numbers shows a mpbr of about 345 yards and steve says expansion is still good at 1800 fps, numbers show 1800fps @ 1150 yards --gotta re-test to make sure my load is solid, then check the drops at distances to make sure my ballistic app is close

I'm impressed, I'm going to try them in my 7wsm, 308, and 30-06 next

RE23, 26" x-bolt 1:9.5 twist..I hit 3370 on my first trip but it was a bit over pressure, thought I found a node around 3330 but it dropped for my next 2 trials to a repeatable 3285
Tests were done at 6500' & around 31 degrees

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.