133 grain 7mm Hammer Bullets

AZ82New

Hello,

Does anyone have any experience with this bullet? It would be shot from a 280 ai.

Given the bullet shortage, I thought I would give these a try as they are in stock. I called the company today and spoke with, I believe, one of the owners. I asked him for a 7mm bullet I could push fast (he seemed to agree copper bullets do better at high velocity) -and- that would be a good all-around load for both deer and elk.

He said the 133 fits the bill.

Do you think it would be too light for elk?

Any tips on loads?

Thanks.

No experience with a 133. But I'm building a 280 AI now to shoot the 140 AH. Guys are getting 3300 + FPS with 22" barrels. I plan on using this gun for elk and moderate ranges. I'd think a 133 gr should be ok on elk if the range isn't to far. Also be mindful of your twist rate. Spinning them to fast is better than not enough. My build is on a 1-7.5 twist.

Any idea what powder they are using?

I'm getting 3150 with a 24inch barrel out of a 145 Barnes LRX with Hunter.

3200 sounds doable.

I think the owner of Hammer was saying H100v was what he was using.

………can't find that powder anywhere.

If that's what they suggested, I would go for it. They know their products. If I switch my 7x57 model 70 to Hammers I think that's what I would run. But I have a lifetime supply of 145 grain grand slams for that rifle and it will kill any deer or elk with that load.

I saw some grand slams for sale, is it a decent bullet? I never really thought of them as a premium brand.

Do a search on here for hammer hunter load data and absolute hammer load data. Pages and pages of loads. I will be trying H100V with the 140 AH. Got five lbs of it. My other 280 AI is shooting the 154 AH deadblow with H100 V at 3160 FPS. Only have a few rounds through it, so it should still speed up a bit. It has a 24" IBI barrel. New build will be a 23" IBI CF with a 1-7.5" twist.

Being a solid copper bullet, 133 is not too light for elk. 90% of the time the bullet is going to exit the offside, with energy to spare.