7mm rem mag

PEEWEE69

Ok couldn't pass it up just got a browning Abolt in 7 mag all factory except a brake that has been installed as far as I know
Gonna clean her up shoot with factor ammo to start ( no dies yet )
I know nothing about Abolt's what can I expect
Oh only paid 550 and it's the stainless stalker in left hand
Thanks in advance

Great caliber. There's really nothing in N. America other than big bears it can't handle well out to around 800yds if you have the right rig.

Floated and bedded you should be able to get at least close to MOA performance out of it with the right load.

Brownings are like my Rugers no love in the aftermarket parts. I'm sure a good smith can true up your action no problem, I've loved 7rem for a long time try several loads mine really likes the 150-168gr bullets, I have a few buddies who run 139gr hornady for deer and absolutley love them so might give them a try as well, keep us informed.

Pee Wee, great caliber, so much gan be done with loads. Most I have handled with factory twists perform very well with the 168 Berger VLD for deer and elk. Make sure your stock isn't the black plastic type cause the epoxy bedding won't stick to it and it's too flexible for good accuracy. Brownings are of good quality you might be surprised how it shoots as is and ponder a trigger job and good stock with a bedding job. Lots of 7 rm shooters here to help with any questions. Good luck

Pee Wee, great caliber, so much gan be done with loads. Most I have handled with factory twists perform very well with the 168 Berger VLD for deer and elk. Make sure your stock isn't the black plastic type cause the epoxy bedding won't stick to it and it's too flexible for good accuracy. Brownings are of good quality you might be surprised how it shoots as is and ponder a trigger job and good stock with a bedding job. Lots of 7 rm shooters here to help with any questions. Good luck

Thanks for the info
I believe it is the plastic stock feels like a soft plastic thinking about putting a laminate thumb hole on it

Pee Wee, may be tough finding a stock for a left hand action A-Bolt. Stocky's has a laminate thumbhole for A-Bolt, but is vague whether available in left hand action. Perhaps someone can chime in with some better info. Send an e-mail to Stocky's and Boyd's with your rifle info and they will reply. May have to check out Bell & Carlson also for a nice composite stock that won't break the bank. You may have an extended wait when ordering an un common stock or color also. Side note, my ancestors settled down the road from you in the Cuero area of Dewitt county. Good luck

I have loaded for three different Browning A bolts in 7mm. They all shoot good. Interestingly enough, they all shot the Sirocco 150 and RL 22 really good. A couple of them liked the max load, one likes one grain higher. They all shoot 1/2-1" groups consistently. The easiest mod for these guns is to replace the trigger spring which costs $25 and takes 10 minutes. Timney makes a spring pack that brings the pull down to 2#, and can be adjusted up if you want. I've killed elk and mule deer out to 550 with mine for the last 20 years. It's been semi-retired to back up gun status since it is not stainless, but it's reliable.

Great choice in guns at a good price. You will enjoy it.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.