7mm rem mag loads for Whitetail and open Parries.

matt_3479

My 7mm is currently shooting 160 grain winchester accubond CT factory loads but i bought a new gun that will be my go too big game and the 7mm will be my go to for whitetail and open prairie gun. I Need a load for 7mm mag for whitetail, mule and antelope but mainly whitetail. Shots can be from 50- all the way out to 500 yards. I think the 160 grain will be too much power for whitetail so im thinking 140 grain possibly 150 grain flying around 3000-3200 fps. Im strongly looking at the 140 grain nosler accubond. I hear great things about the accubonds and i think im going to stick with them. I would like to purchase one more bullet to test out of this rifle. But i need some suggestions on loads and powders and everything.

i was also told to try the Barnes Tipped TSX bullets. 150 grain i believe.

Last edited:
the 139 horn with 69.5 of h-4831. or a 140 baltip or partition. 3275 . a 120 baltip is also a consideration. i have not shot it yet.

The 140 class on up to 160 class are all fine. My 7mm rem loves the 150 combined technoliges silver tip with rem nickel brass 67.7 gr IMR 7828, cci 250 primer. 300 yds is the longest shot with great results.

I've used the 150gn Ballistic Tip almost exclusively for the past 15 years on everything, including crows, groundhogs, coyotes, black bears and whitetails. Nothing walks (or crawls :) ) away after the Noslers impacts!
I used RL22 (67gn) in the first Sendero I had but I get better velocity and greater accuracy using IMR4350 and IMR4831 with CCI BR2's. With a stiff (read as max +) load of IMR4350 I was able to get 3240fps with sub .5MOA accuracy. This load was developed and shot using Norma brass.
I tried the 140gn TSX and although they were extremely accurate I don't remember ever shooting anything other than targets with them - good bullet though. JohnnyK.

I have been using the 160gr Accubond out of my 7mm Rem Mag with excellent speeds in the 3K range, and it is very accurate. Also, the 160gr Accubond should not destroy as much meat as a lighter and faster bullet. Plus, it has a great BC and should hold up a little better over longer ranges. Scotty

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.