loads for 7mm rem mag and 7mm wsm

Wildhog

Im loading for a ruger #1s 7mm rem mag and a ruger m77 mk 2 all weather 7mm wsm. using 140 gr nosler bt or accubond. 140 rem accutip or hornady 140 gr sst. powders I have on hand magpro, IMR 4350, IMR 4831, IMR4064, any load suggestions would be greatly appreicated. I have 3 different reloading manuals just would like some ideas on what has worked for others

Wildhog,
I have tried alot of different weights in the 7Mag but have always preferred the 150gn for hunting. The 150gn Ballistic Tip is my go to bullet for targets and anything that moves. I have gotten great accuracy from RL22, IMR4350 and IMR4831. In the first Sendero I have these powders all produced one-hole groups at 100yds.
I now have a 700P and with a 1/2gn above Noslers max load (150gn) I get 3240fps and 1/4" groups. This is a devastating round for anything it comes in contact with.

The last time I loaded for the 7WSM was Jul 2004 and with the 150gn Ballistic TIp, 64.0gn of RL22 and CCI BR2's I averaged in the .3's. This was with a friends Browning A-Bolt I was loading for.

Hope this helps. Good luck. Both are great cartridges. JohnnyK.

What you have should work great, but I prefer H4831 or H4831SC. If I can, I usually like to stick with Hodgdon, just because most of their stuff is relatively temperature insensitive.

H4831 will work with bullet weights down to about 100 gr. in a 7mmRM, I usually shoot the 162 gr. A-MAXes for accuracy but they work fine for deer too.

Just my 2 cents.

Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.