7mm lrm

I know I'm right.
What I can't figure is this issue of efficiency or why you felt the need to comment without addressing my points or adding anything helpful to the thread.

You'll get better results with lil'gun and .020 jam

I know I'm right.
What I can't figure is this issue of efficiency or why you felt the need to comment without addressing my points or adding anything helpful to the thread.

You'll get better results with lil'gun and .020 jam
As long as you leave a cleaning rod in the barrel so that it will clean the barrel AS YOU FIRE, you are good to go.

The 7 LRM doesn't seem to make the velocity it should on paper. I've noticed several write-ups about the case where the velocity just seems low. Maybe it's a neck thickness issue or a flash hole issue, but something seems to be happening.

Good thread, looking like de-railment...

My 2 cents: I have limited experience with Magnum rifle cartridges, only having 1 in 300 WM. I have no issues with the belted cartridge and headspace off the shoulder like all my other cartridges. Many of my cases with up to 5 loads and show no bad signs of weakness.

In general, my preference is toward older, time tested, readily available cartridges, but I do believe that the LRM does have some admirable design features. I'm not sure it offers anything extra, though there are some excellent selection criterion previously posted. Good read..

The 7 LRM doesn't seem to make the velocity it should on paper. I've noticed several write-ups about the case where the velocity just seems low. Maybe it's a neck thickness issue or a flash hole issue, but something seems to be happening.

That's because it is a BRASS ISSUE not a design issue, this is why I prefer to have at least 2 sources for brass before I build.
My 7SAUM with Norma brass is pushing a 175ELD to 3150 .5gr under book max with a 27" tube.
Now that I know the Norma brass is rocking I will buy enough to kill this barrel. If it didn't work I had other options.
If Hornady FIXES the brass issue the LRM will probably be a great LR caliber, however I have never seen Hornady brass run with Lapua.
This is why FOR ME the #1 issue on picking a case is BRASS. Crappy brass can kill a spectacular case design and great brass can make a mediocre case pretty darn good.

Clearly it's a brass issue. Whether that's a design or execution issue, I couldn't say until someone had demonstrated what was causing it. My guess is it's an execution problem, but something is going on with this chambering.

I also don't mind a single source for brass, it just depends on which source we're talking about.:)

Clearly it's a brass issue. Whether that's a design or execution issue, I couldn't say until someone had demonstrated what was causing it. My guess is it's an execution problem, but something is going on with this chambering.

I also don't mind a single source for brass, it just depends on which source we're talking about.:)
Anytime a company has a monopoly on anything it's usually the consumer who suffers.