7mm LRM 180 Berger Hybrids

Gunhawk,
My sako is an older model 75 synthetic stainless all factory I believe.
I picked it up a few years ago at a gun show looking brand new with dies and several boxes amo. (Last good deal I have gotten at a show)
And my error, I am loading 84gr not 85gr of 7828. I could have pushed it a little more but the gun shoots great here.
And yea guys that is odd and that is smoking fast out of your 7-300 on such little powder.
But look in the books and compare the 7-RUM to a 300 win both 180gr bullet and it is as you say with your 7-300 . Same speed with about 6-8 grains less...?
Go figure

Gunhawk,
I picked it up a few years ago at a gun show looking brand new with dies and several boxes amo. (Last good deal I have gotten at a show)
And my error, I am loading 84gr not 85gr of 7828. I could have pushed it a little more but the gun shoots great here.
And yea guys that is odd and that is smoking fast out of your 7-300 on such little powder.
But look in the books and compare the 7-RUM to a 300 win both 180gr bullet and it is as you say with your 7-300 . Same speed with about 6-8 grains less...?
Go figure

Ya, I dont know anyone loading a 300 at SAAMI 3.4". The chamber will allow a 215 Berger to be seating near 3.7".

Gunhawk,
Go figure
Thanks

What cartridge in 7mm is pushing a 180 at 3300 fps. Cause I want one?

before the coolaid hit and all the really cool kids new more about the 28 nolser than anyone else LOL, I caught wind of the 26 nolser coming out and its case size and so on I had a reamer drawn up in 284, had the rifle built and waited for the brass to drop! It had a bartlein 9 twist 28" defiance action and with measly ole retumbo it would clock a 180 hybrid @3309fps and was stupid stupid accurate. (((God that was a little bit ago))[/QUOTE]

How did the 180 hybrids work when you hit animals up close with them at that speed? Any penetration problems?

before the coolaid hit and all the really cool kids new more about the 28 nolser than anyone else LOL, I caught wind of the 26 nolser coming out and its case size and so on I had a reamer drawn up in 284, had the rifle built and waited for the brass to drop! It had a bartlein 9 twist 28" defiance action and with measly ole retumbo it would clock a 180 hybrid @3309fps and was stupid stupid accurate. (((God that was a little bit ago))

How did the 180 hybrids work when you hit animals up close with them at that speed? Any penetration problems?[/QUOTE]

god no! I shot a whitetail buck at maybe a 100 yards very slightly quartering too hit the edge the scapula and exited back of lungs offside, golf ball sized hole on exit deer ran 50 yards and did and endo! complete shredder action on the lungs!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.