7mm LRAB 168 gr BC?

BCMAG2

I'm getting ready to start shooting the 7mm LRAB 168s....I know that Nosler's published BC is widely believed to be exaggerated across the LRAB line. Has anyone calculated the realistic BC for the 168 grain 7mm LRAB yet?

I couldn't get the 168 AB LRs to shoot in my 7mm WSM (26" varmit contour Brux) so I moved on to the 180 Berger which put 5 shots into 1.312" at 200 yards on last attempt. The 168s AB LRs averaged around 3 inches no matter what I tried. I also saw poor accuracy in my 270 WSM and my 260 Rem. In the later, the 129 gr Nosler AB LRs grouped 3.218" and the 140 Bergers grouped 1.062" (both 4 shots at 200 yards). In the 270 WSM, the 150 AB LRs showed mediocre accuracy until it hit 3,000 fps and then they wouldn't stay on the paper. I suspected a bullet that was coming apart but I have no proof of that.

In addition to that, the AB LRs appear to be too soft for close range work with nothing left but the boat tail. I have scratched this bullet from the list of those I would consider for hunting. As you might expect, I never got around to worrying about the inflated BCs for any of these bullets. And here I thought they were going to be better than sliced bread. I'll let some time elapse and reevaluate based on good folks like yourself getting them to work - assuming that you can.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.