7mm Blaser Mag experience?

Thanks all. My issue is I don't want to mess with a belted case. I have a 7 lrm but want a little better brass. Right now I am between a 7mm saum and a 7 mm blaser mag. I don't really want a 28 nosler or a wildcat so any other production cartridge that falls in line with a saum or blaser is up for consideration. I know all the arguments for the 7mm rem mag, 7 lrm and 28 nosler so no need to rehash them here. Any help would be great!
The 7 Saum is a great choice.
I've loaded for a few, 168 Bergers at 2930 to 2950.
Excellent brass life.

I checked the reamer print against PTG and they are the same, as both are the CIP standard. One thing you might like to check is the the distance between the barrel lands Z. CIP 7.04 mm/0.2772 (JGS 6.88 mm/0.2710") Total Lead+Throat CIP 9.26 mm/0.3646", JGS calculation using the "tighter" barrel is about 15.2 mm/0.5983".
I did use a throat reamer and lengthen the Lead by 4 mm/0.1575 to seat 160gr NP to 83 mm/3.268".
I recently used the attached calculation (A Sharp NZlender) to determent lead length for freebore on another cartridge. Using the numbers from the reamer print, and it turned out very close.
I would like to have a tighter chamber, I believe they oversize the reamers so they can have one sharpening???, or it can be my FL die, even all are with in speck's. I look forward to hear how yours turns out. I have local machinist re-cambering and old 7x61 SH using another Blaser reamer also from (PTG):(

Screenshot (24).png

I checked the reamer print against PTG and they are the same, as both are the CIP standard. One thing you might like to check is the the distance between the barrel lands Z. CIP 7.04 mm/0.2772 (JGS 6.88 mm/0.2710") Total Lead+Throat CIP 9.26 mm/0.3646", JGS calculation using the "tighter" barrel is about 15.2 mm/0.5983".
I did use a throat reamer and lengthen the Lead by 4 mm/0.1575 to seat 160gr NP to 83 mm/3.268".
I recently used the attached calculation (A Sharp NZlender) to determent lead length for freebore on another cartridge. Using the numbers from the reamer print, and it turned out very close.
I would like to have a tighter chamber, I believe they oversize the reamers so they can have one sharpening???, or it can be my FL die, even all are with in speck's. I look forward to hear how yours turns out. I have local machinist re-cambering and old 7x61 SH using another Blaser reamer also from (PTG):(

View attachment 82158
Awesome thanks. I am going to speak with carl (I think) from JGS Monday to finalize my reamer and I will let you all know what we come up with.

Build update:

I have the following components in house and just waiting on the reamer, scope and stock. I will order the dies once I have some fired brass.
Defiance deviant hunter action LH
Proof SENDERO 1:8.24 twist carbon barrel 26"
WTO MK-2 brake
Triggertech primary trigger LH
Hawkins 30mm low rings
200 pieces Norma brass
175 berger EOL bullets
195 berger EOL bullets

Does anyone want to help me out with some QL data for the 7mm blaser mag? I wanted to know some loads with rl-26 with the 195 bergers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Does anyone want to help me out with some QL data for the 7mm blaser mag? I wanted to know some loads with rl-26 with the 195 bergers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What kind of information are you looking for?

For what it's worth, I'm not sure you'll be able to get the 195's going fast enough to out perform the 180's.

What kind of information are you looking for?

For what it's worth, I'm not sure you'll be able to get the 195's going fast enough to out perform the 180's.
I'm looking for the typical quick load output for this combination of powder and bullet (rl-26 and Berger 195's). Starting load, max loads etc. The reamer I just got is specific to be able to shoot the 195 bergers so my goal is to try to hit 2900 FPS with good accuracy. Any help would be great.

The 7mm Blaser cartridge is basically an intermediate case capacity cartridge nowadays. Being in the 80 grain capacity, it can drive some of the heavier bullets to proper velocity for both range and energy on target. But, when you try to push that envelope to encompass those heavy for caliber bullets you will often find this capacity lacking.

You can achieve your goal of 2900 fps. with the 195 gr. with a couple of powders but the selection is slim. Re-26 is just a tad too fast in my opinion, whereas Re-25 is about as perfect a fit as you could ask for. Norma MRP2 is a great fit as well as VVN-570 is.

As to QuickLoad, the owner is very protective of his rights to proprietary material, as he should be. He developed and wrote the program so he should control the use of it. He takes a dim view of openly spreading this material around without getting some form of compensation. I know you'll scoff at this but take a look at '24-hour campfire' sometime and ask Rick, the owner about the fuss Mr. Broemel put up there.

Good Luck with your project!

The 7mm Blaser cartridge is basically an intermediate case capacity cartridge nowadays. Being in the 80 grain capacity, it can drive some of the heavier bullets to proper velocity for both range and energy on target. But, when you try to push that envelope to encompass those heavy for caliber bullets you will often find this capacity lacking.

You can achieve your goal of 2900 fps. with the 195 gr. with a couple of powders but the selection is slim. Re-26 is just a tad too fast in my opinion, whereas Re-25 is about as perfect a fit as you could ask for. Norma MRP2 is a great fit as well as VVN-570 is.

As to QuickLoad, the owner is very protective of his rights to proprietary material, as he should be. He developed and wrote the program so he should control the use of it. He takes a dim view of openly spreading this material around without getting some form of compensation. I know you'll scoff at this but take a look at '24-hour campfire' sometime and ask Rick, the owner about the fuss Mr. Broemel put up there.

Good Luck with your project!

No problem. Just looking for starting and max loads. I got some from Berger already but those are for other powders and a very short throat.

Defensive Edge Rifles built me a 7mm Blaser mag last fall.

Mine is a semi custom and used a Rem 700 LSS that I had sitting around as the donor. I wanted something that was a little lighter than my others so Shawn used a 26in. Hart #4 fluted. So far all I've shot in it is 180 Bergers with RL26 and out of the 26 inch barrel it's right at 3050fps and shoots into the .3's View attachment 78897
@B23 is this chambered with the +p throat? All else is standard chamber? Going to cross over my Tikka 270 wsm to a 7mm Blaser and I'm trying to find a smith who'll chamber a 26" proof sendero light to my t3 action. Shawn does good work, that I know. Looking to throat it around 220 freebore for shooting 180s.

@B23 is this chambered with the +p throat? All else is standard chamber? Going to cross over my Tikka 270 wsm to a 7mm Blaser and I'm trying to find a smith who'll chamber a 26" proof sendero light to my t3 action. Shawn does good work, that I know. Looking to throat it around 220 freebore for shooting 180s.

Yes, Shawn did his +P throat on mine. I don't know what the freebore length is on mine but I don't think it is particularly long because with the 180 Bergers, touching is at 3.265 so I'd say it's not real long but I'm sure he could build it to whatever freebore length you wanted and still +P it.

I'd bet you could stretch the freebore out further than mine is and probably get right around 3100 fps with the 180's and RL26 out of your 26in. barrel. Mine has a Hart #4 26in. tube and with the load I've been using (68.5gr RL26 w/180 Berger) it shoots right at 3050.

Hi Rogue

Did you change shoulder dia on your Blaser Imp?
I`m working on a 35* 7mm Blaser imp. Also, what is your coal with 195 Berger?

Norma, Yes, when forming the new case shoulder angle it increased the shoulder/body diameter as well by several thousandths. It added approx 4 gr. Capacity. I only have a length for the 180 ELDM in my chamber at -.012 off the lands my coal is 3.402.

Norma, Yes, when forming the new case shoulder angle it increased the shoulder/body diameter as well by several thousandths. It added approx 4 gr. Capacity. I only have a length for the 180 ELDM in my chamber at -.012 off the lands my coal is 3.402.

What are you getting for velocities with the 180's in your improved version of the 7mm Blaser Mag and with what length barrel?