7mm 180 vld hybrid bullets

cant

I have lots of connections and there just isn't any out there at the moment. I switched loads even though it shot great because of it.
I hear August for another date for them to be ran.

cant

I have lots of connections and there just isn't any out there at the moment. I switched loads even though it shot great because of it.
I hear August for another date for them to be ran.
Glad I found, and bought 5 boxes of them last year, plus the 1 box that was sitting at my local GS. I'm good and stocked for now. Plus I have a ton of 180 VLD's sitting aorund. :D

Both 7mm and 30cal are starving for heavy bullet options that you can actually buy right now. I'm still not settled on my 7rum load as I just got the rifle last fall, but I think the market settled me. With no choices to play with I'm staying with the 140 sierra or 175 hdy as I have some of these.

Both 7mm and 30cal are starving for heavy bullet options that you can actually buy right now. I'm still not settled on my 7rum load as I just got the rifle last fall, but I think the market settled me. With no choices to play with I'm staying with the 140 sierra or 175 hdy as I have some of these.

I have found the heavy 30s very easy to get

I have found the heavy 30s very easy to get
the 225 hdy hpbt and the 220 Sierra hpbt haven't really been available for a year now. Some of the other choices I use like the 180 and 190 hdy pills aren't around either. I may have to convert over to Nosler or Berger if this continues with my hdy's. I see that Midway has the Sierra in stock now, but they want nearly as much as Berger... Guess I may be going to the dark side after all.

Hey Mudrunner, those 180 hybrids, are they good for hunting or just for target?
I tried the 168 vld's with RL25, could be better. Gonna try them with 7828 next.
This ain't the right forum, but I seen you here and a thought happened.

Hey Mudrunner, those 180 hybrids, are they good for hunting or just for target?
I tried the 168 vld's with RL25, could be better. Gonna try them with 7828 next.
This ain't the right forum, but I seen you here and a thought happened.

Haven't tried them for hunting yet, so I can't say personally. But Jeff (Broz) uses the .30 215 Hybrid exclusively for hunting and target, so that leads me to believe they work fine.

Has anyone tried the VLD target for hunting?..I recoverd three in the mud after going through a disk blade at 600 yards and one of them didn't seem like it was a "target" bullet. If it was I would hunt with them any day!!

Attachments

• 20140628_204949.jpg
    20140628_204949.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 100
  • 20140628_205005.jpg
    20140628_205005.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 114
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.