700 SA 300WSM AICS COAL Limitations - Feed Problems - Fix?

Muddyboots

Ok, a 700 in a Mag Pul stock with Accurate Mag for a 300WSM. The magazine has a max of 2.940 but the feed is maxed out at 2.900 which is a royal PITA for loading limitations as well as smooth feed due to the extra 0.040 in the magazine which can allow the round to move forward on recoil thus not feed properly then. I actually had the throat reamed for this so the jump is still ok even with this limitation. This was a home build that I didn't want to expend a lot of money on so needed a easy button fix. So I was sitting at bench and noticed I had a label on my file cabinets that was a flexible rubber magnetic strip. I measured the diameter and yes it was just about 0.040! Are you kidding me? So I cut the strip to fit the front of the inside of the magazine and just let it slide in and do its thing as a magnet and so far after about 40 rounds, still there and perfect feed from the magazine. No modifications to magazine, no epoxy, no drilling and just a pair of scissors to cut to fit. So just thought I post up as something to try if you are stumped on similar problem or maybe even use this premise on something else.
IMG_3253.JPG

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts