7 stw magazine box

Dnk9444

I got my rifle the other day. Loading up some loads to try and I'm not gonna be able to seat anything closer than about 50 thousandths of the lans Bc of magazine length. It was a rem 700 7mag. My question is can you install a mag box for the ultra mags and get more room? If so does it require any modifications? I've read of the wyatts box I just didn't wanna have to do any modifications.

No, the sides of the mag box are opened up to accommodate the larger diameter of the ultra mag cases. They are the same 3.650" length. You're only option is to purchase a Wyatt's box and modify your action.

No, the sides of the mag box are opened up to accommodate the larger diameter of the ultra mag cases. They are the same 3.650" length. You're only option is to purchase a Wyatt's box and modify your action.
Ok. Thanks, I didn't think it was longer.

Unless you are shooting a heck of a picky bullet, .050 is fine... I'm at .150 on my rifle with 140 ab's and she'll sneak in under 1" at 200 yards if I do my part...

Ok. Thanks, I didn't think it was longer.
A gunsmith will need to install the Wyatt's mag box, as there is milling needed to be done on the bottom of the action and the stock. That's not something you want to screw around with if you've never done machining work before. I recommend the 4.000" mag box that way you have plenty of room.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.