7 PRC Factory Ammo Lot Variation

ottobounds

Doing barrel conditioning and fire-forming brass. Hornady Precision Hunter 175grn. 24" Proof barrel with about 70 rounds through the tube. Just a little sharing of my experiences:
Lot #3231126 - Averaging just over 2850 fps.
Lot #3224041 - Averaging right at 2900 fps.

My gun LOVES the #323 lot. Cold bore just under 3/4" MOA.
The #322 lot sprays the shots. Best group was close to 2.5" Crazy difference.

I'm getting closer to having enough brass to start some load workup and clearly the goal will be to match up with whatever is in those #323 loads. I'm still not sure what powder Hornady was running for the 2023 production and if any of you know that detail, I'm all ears. I asked Hornady what powder they would chose to run in their personal reloads they told me that they love the way RL26 works in that cartridge. I lucked into finding 4lbs of RL26 at a local ammo shop so I have that to try along with H1000 and StaBall.

Anyway, just sayin... Time will tell!

Ok
Doing barrel conditioning and fire-forming brass. Hornady Precision Hunter 175grn. 24" Proof barrel with about 70 rounds through the tube. Just a little sharing of my experiences:
Lot #3231126 - Averaging just over 2850 fps.
Lot #3224041 - Averaging right at 2900 fps.

My gun LOVES the #323 lot. Cold bore just under 3/4" MOA.
The #322 lot sprays the shots. Best group was close to 2.5" Crazy difference.

I'm getting closer to having enough brass to start some load workup and clearly the goal will be to match up with whatever is in those #323 loads. I'm still not sure what powder Hornady was running for the 2023 production and if any of you know that detail, I'm all ears. I asked Hornady what powder they would chose to run in their personal reloads they told me that they love the way RL26 works in that cartridge. I lucked into finding 4lbs of RL26 at a local ammo shop so I have that to try along with H1000 and StaBall.

Anyway, just sayin... Time will tell!
RL26 works frigging awesome in mine with 175 elite hunters.
I need to try h1000 or retumbo in mine so not everything I have shoots RL26 🤣

Thank you! And I went back and measured that cold bore group from the #323 lot with the Shot Analysis app from Hornady and it came out at .36 MOA. Like I said, my gun LOVES that factory load!

You got that right.
I'm glad my crystal ball told me to stock up when it was available.
I totally lucked into finding the 4lbs that I have. I was in the shop buying some 5.56 and was surprised to see CASES of H1000. I was busy adding some containers of that into my cart when I noticed 1 lb of RL26 in the display case. I asked about it and the guy said he had 3 more just like it. I couldn't grab it fast enough! And this happened last month. Crazy lucky.

I totally lucked into finding the 4lbs that I have. I was in the shop buying some 5.56 and was surprised to see CASES of H1000. I was busy adding some containers of that into my cart when I noticed 1 lb of RL26 in the display case. I asked about it and the guy said he had 3 more just like it. I couldn't grab it fast enough! And this happened last month. Crazy lucky.
That's pretty awesome. Hopefully you nail down your load quick with it.
My seven PRC was first outing had my load.

What's really funny as I was digging through my stash of one pounders the other day and I found 2 pounds of RL26 that I didn't know I even had 🤣

What's really funny as I was digging through my stash of one pounders the other day and I found 2 pounds of RL26 that I didn't know I even had 🤣
Curious where you started your charge weight? Like you said, I do not want to waste a lot of shots.

Curious where you started your charge weight? Like you said, I do not want to waste a lot of shots.
I started at 63 gr and went up in 1/2gr increments up 67 gr. My load is 66.5 gr rl26.
I got this load when using hornady brass which is garbage. I scored 5 boxes of ADG and have switched over to it now. Load shoots just as good but with more speed with adg so I lucked out there.
18E89ACD-882B-4674-B408-F7437067C9A9.jpeg