7 PRC new factory offerings

My son's New, 7 PRC, ELK Hunting Rifle's, "Plan" is to, walk around with a 175 grain ELD-X as First Up, in Magazine to about 300 Yards,.. followed by 180 gr. ELD-M's that have been, "Verified" and Cold Bore Tested to, 1,000 / 1,200 yards, just IN case, a long shot becomes available on, a NON Windy Day.
The ELD-X has a MUCH Thicker Jacket and will Penetrate better, In case, he gets,.. a "Close" shot ( We've shot more than a couple at under, 120 yds ! )

Seems very expensive compared to Hornady 180 gr. ELD-M's @ $50 bucks or so a box... No visible benefit @ long range + 550 yards. What am I missing?
I have a buddy that bought a case of hornady 180 eldm and so far I think he's shot 3 boxes and has had 1 misfire in each box.
I don't know about you but I think that's unacceptable and for that reason Hornady gets zero of my money.
I bet you can guarantee that the federal and Weatherby ammo do not have misfires.

I will have the 7mm PRC terminal ascent ammo in hand on Wednesday. I plan to shoot it this weekend and see how it does out of my rifle. I reload mostly but it would be nice to have a few boxes of factory ammo as a back up plan that would shoot good in the event I wasn't able to reload.
Did you ever get to shoot the Terminal Ascent? If so, how did it perform?

The Horndy ELD- M'S are virtually same hole @ 100 yards, and well under half MOA @ 600. I don't see the comparison of "The Weatherby loads are supposed to be premium ammunition with better accuracy." Every rifle likes one load better than another, and not all bullets are created equal, BUT I mean the cost is off putting to many, plus it discourages the very thing most shooters, and all hunters desperately need - time on trigger at all distances... JMHO....

For those that reload to save money only shoots more......then there are those who use it as therapy....... then there are the accuracy chasers. I save where I can only to feed the need? For those who spend on premium factory loads, power to you! If $4 brass gets you more firings than $2 you saved. Know your brass as brass from X to Y of the same brand might not be worthy? I still use super-x 264wm brass from the late '70s and early '80s that's been fired 10+ times (fl sized every time). Yes, I still use that brass today. I was abto buy Norma 143 golden target for 6.5prc @ $1.17/per via ammoseek or wikiguns. That was better than brass cost alone. I hope your 7prc turns out great!

My wish is that my rifle would shoot factories as well as many of you are doing, bottom line, it doesn't accuracy wise or velocity wise, I would like to have that as a backup. The good news for me as a reloader, I'm building ammunition to fit my rifle for around $35 a box, reloading equipment is mute point as it was bought in the 80's, dies and such for a new cartridge aren't factored into that number as well nor is labor, I can factor that into it though cause I work for myself free.