7 prc 1 - 8. twist 131 hammer hunter load data please

H380 is where I'd start testing. If I recall, it showed some of the highest velocities. If you run out of case capacity before reaching pressure or desired velocity, it's time to move to a faster powder.

H380 is where I'd start testing. If I recall, it showed some of the highest velocities. If you run out of case capacity before reaching pressure or desired velocity, it's time to move to a faster powder.
Thank you

I have h380 on hand and can get n540 ; n150 & ram shot big game would these be more in the burn rate area needed here? Thanks Tribb
Of the ones you listed, I'd try h380 or ram shot big game. I'm afraid you will reach pressure before you get to your desired velocity.

Hey Jon I don't think the download for n555 completely came through. It refuses to open and only has 161 bytes the rest have 2.4 kb ?????
Hello Jon I measured case capacity and got 81.1 grains to top of case. Also used water to case shoulder and got 64.7 grains . How should I adjust my amount of powder?

I've gleaned what I could from the hammer information posted here. However for economic reasons I need to use some powders not listed here ! I have h1000 , rl 25 , v. n560 , IMR 4831, h4831 , and can get superformance, ramshot big game & LRT if they can be used. L. G . S. has many accurate powders on hand if one of them can be used as well. I hoping some of our members have used some of the powders listed here. Any and all help greatly appreciated i need to get these 131 s on their way! Thanks Tribb
Thanks to everyone who's helped here. It will be journey folks. I'll update the post when testing is all completed.

Recent Posts