7 mm stw Load Info needed

redbone

Hay guys

I am looking for some one that has worked up an load for 7mm stw in 120 BT .

I have had good with H 1000 .

what do you shoot in 7 mm stw 160 140 120 Bulltes ?

I have had good luck with 160 BT .

What range do you shoot ? I shoot most of my shoots are under 300 yards , shooting coyotes .

Redbone

i shoot 80 grs of h-1000 behind a 154 gr SST out of a 30" BBL. thats very close to a max load in my rifle. havent cronyed it yet but it shoots about 4" groups at 910 yds.

STW

I had an STW awhile back that would shoot 160gr Barnes TSX in front ot 79 grs IMR 7828 under ½" consistantly. Vel, 3350 fps. Rifle was a Wby Accumark of all things, it had been to Hill Country Rifle in TX for accurizing.

Thanks guys for the info

I am shooting an Remington 700 sendaro ss rifle .

Are anyone of you shooting coyotes with your 7 mm stw ?

I am planing to shoot some coyotes up to 300 to 400 yards .

What is the range that you shoot your 7 mm stw ?

how long have you been shooting an 7 mm stw ?

I have been shooting 7 mm stw around 3 years .

Redbone

STW Load

I shoot about 72.5 to 73 gr of H4831 or IMR4831. I was using 140 accubond but had 2 fail on me in canada. Too bad cause i was geting .25 to .5" groups. Did just try the TSX in 140 and so far ..75" groups. Is this redbone the speck call maker?

Started playing with the 7stw a couple of years ago. I am shooting 120 grain ballistic tips with a healthy charge of re22. I have shot a few coyotes with it and run offs are not a issue. What I like about this combo is that with a 3" high 100 yard zero you can hold on a coyote at 400 yards. I have shot this load out to 800 yards with good results but I prefer a much heavier bullet for long range hunting.

7stw
160 sierra GameKing SPBT
75gr IMR 7828
3.67 oal
Shilen 1:11 twist 26"
This shoots excellent out of my rifle, I'm now trying to find load data for the berger 168 Vld's to try

I have had a 7mm STW Sendero since Remington started making them. And I actually just bought another 7mm STW Sendero to monkey with. This one is going to sport a 30'' SS fluted Lilja. The STW is one heck of a cartridge. I wish my grandpa (whom got me into this sport) could see the one hole groups I can get out of my STW.

I shoot 80 grains of H4831 under 140gr Seirra SPBT's. I have shot coyotes out at 800 yds with this load. I setup way up on top of a bluff overlooking a small drainage. Actually the same spot I have been shooting for years. I have takin yotes there from 50-800+ with the STW.
For elk I use 160 gr Seirra SPBT's but I cannot recall how many grains of 4831 I use. I will have to look it up.

Last fall I got a nice sized couger with the same load. cougar was travelin up hill at full sprint. I gave out a long cow call and got him to stop in his tracks and look back at me at 600 yards. Thats where he fell.

I put a break on mine a couple years ago, but I ended up removing it. The darn thing ruptured my left ear drum when I was hunting deer. It was the first time I had shot it with the new break on and without hearing protection.
I will never do that again!

I had a Aquila installed after having one on my 30 Gibbs for 20 years. But the STW is a totally different beast.

Lots more powder burning = more boom. It worked well but there was alot of felt air blast from the break, especially in my right ear....

These last few weeks I have been considering a OPS INC break. A friend put one on his 300 Ultra and it works really well (or so he says). I am going to try it next week over east and see how it really works. Before I spend another $100 on a break. Here is there site iffin you want to see one. Seeing how I already have my bbl threaded I might as well try another....?

http://www.opsinc.us

I had a Winchester Model 70 that had been reamed from 7MM Rem Mag to 7STW shortly after Layne Simpsons article came out. I shot 150gr Barnes X FB and 150gr Nosler Ballistic Tips in front of 79.3 gr IMR 7828. Groups were in the 0.75-0.50 range. Velocity with the X was 3380-3390.

I used the X bullet during hunting season for big game and coyotes and the Nosler the rest of the year for coyotes. Runners were not a problem.

I loved that gun.. sold it to buy a 204 cause it was cheap to shoot but regreted it when the 'yotes started running on me..

STW

I had one built in '96, my loads are 86 gr of H1000 behind a nosler 140 gr for 3550 fps, 94 gr of WC 872 behind a 160 accubond for 3340 fps. Mine is a 26" 1/9 lilja barreled rem 700 LH built by mark Bansner of bansners gunsmithing of adamstown pa.
JS

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts