7 lrm Thoughts

I have a remington 700 in 300wm I want to rebarrel and I have a couple thousand new federal 300wm cases. Any dies you would recommend or a smith or barrel source for the 7-300?

I have a remington 700 in 300wm I want to rebarrel and I have a couple thousand new federal 300wm cases. Any dies you would recommend or a smith or barrel source for the 7-300?

My reamer is on file with PTG. I recommend Redding comp dies for the 300 Win Mag and the appropriate bushing. My reamer was cut for Norma/Nosler brass with a loaded round measuring .313 with 180 Hyrbrids.

I wish someone from gunwreks would respond. I've heard that they will have 7lrm brass made from a different source in the future. I have 2 7lrm and think they have a well designed case and about perfect case capacity for a magnum. Accuracy is very good, fits in the magazine with room to spare and recoil is about as much as I want. With quality brass and better primer pockets I'm sure you could push it a little harder if you feel the need to.

I wish someone from gunwreks would respond. I've heard that they will have 7lrm brass made from a different source in the future. I have 2 7lrm and think they have a well designed case and about perfect case capacity for a magnum. Accuracy is very good, fits in the magazine with room to spare and recoil is about as much as I want. With quality brass and better primer pockets I'm sure you could push it a little harder if you feel the need to.
I talked to actual gunwerks employees at SHOT and was told ADG was going to be producing brass this year. I own a very high quality custom 7lrm but the junk brass holds it back tremendously. I just built a high end carbon titanium 30 nosler to push 215s at 3100 or so. Nosler makes good brass and Bertram will have it soon as well. Plus a 30 cal does kill a bit better than the 7s. What's going to happen to the 7lrm idk?

I've been debating on getting a new rifle in 7lrm the biggest gripe I've heard of is brass selection anyone have experience?
I shoot a 6.5 LRM I bought from another member here. Fantastic rifle, great cartridge design but the limitation on brass availability (uses 7 LRM Brass necked down) is a real issue.

I have yet to explore using 6.5PRC brass but being as both are based off of the same case that may be a possibility in the future.

If it were me I'd stick with either the 7mm STW or look at the .28 Nosler.

You can roll your own from .375 Ruger brass but you need some custom dies to neck it down and reshape it properly.

I shoot a 6.5 LRM I bought from another member here. Fantastic rifle, great cartridge design but the limitation on brass availability (uses 7 LRM Brass necked down) is a real issue.
I have yet to explore using 6.5PRC brass but being as both are based off of the same case that may be a possibility in the future.

If it were me I'd stick with either the 7mm STW or look at the .28 Nosler.

You can roll your own from .375 Ruger brass but you need some custom dies to neck it down and reshape it properly.
6.5 prc is based off 300 rcm, not 375 ruger. Short action vs long action.

Well, there goes that idea. Thanks.
Nosler made 375 ruger brass for a lil while, itsi good stuff if you can find it. But it's a long process necking down and bumping the shoulder back to 7lrm specs. Best bet? Ream the chamber out with a 28 nosler reamer. This cartridge isn't going anywhere has great speed, a bit overbore but what ya do? Only disadvantage is shorter neck. Want a longer neck? Make a 7mm/30 nosler. Will be roughly same capacity as the 7lrm but far superior brass.

Nosler made 375 ruger brass for a lil while, itsi good stuff if you can find it. But it's a long process necking down and bumping the shoulder back to 7lrm specs. Best bet? Ream the chamber out with a 28 nosler reamer. This cartridge isn't going anywhere has great speed, a bit overbore but what ya do? Only disadvantage is shorter neck. Want a longer neck? Make a 7mm/30 nosler. Will be roughly same capacity as the 7lrm but far superior brass.
I also shoot a couple of 375 Rugers so I have a ton of brass for it. I already have 100rds of the 7LRM brass as well.

You need a couple of custom dies to neck an stretch the 375 R brass down which is expensive but for this one gun for me at least I think it's a viable option.

I was just thinking out loud for the OP's benefit.

I guess you guys haven't heard of the new 300 PRC yet??... Coming out late fall.

It's basically a 375 Ruger necked down to .300 caliber. The cartridge has a 30 degree shoulder and is 2.58" long. Should make it much easier to neck down and resize for the 7LRM.

I guess you guys haven't heard of the new 300 PRC yet??... Coming out late fall.

It's basically a 375 Ruger necked down to .300 caliber. The cartridge has a 30 degree shoulder and is 2.58" long. Should make it much easier to neck down and resize for the 7LRM.
Three-New-SAAMI-Cartridge-Standards-6.5-300-Wby-Mag-6.5-PRC-and-.300-PRC-3.png

Lot's of possibilities here.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.