Anyone shooting the 7 LRM

Mike I have not got my rifle yet I talked to my smith a last week an he said he has 2 rifles in front of me, but when he gets down to it, it only takes him 2 weeks to complete one from start to finish between gunsmithing and his other job so hopefully in the not too distant future I can post some pics and a range report.

Could a guy buy a rem 700 in 7rm and just have it re chambered in 7lrm, action trued and bolt face done and be ready to shoot? After getting brass and dies of course.

I would have to imagine you could. I know that Gunwerks does some work with the 700 Sendero in a couple of there video's but they did not change the bore. They just did some stock work and trigger work and had it shooting really nice out to 1000 yards.
Call Mike Davidson at Gunwerks 877-486-9375. I am sure he could answer your questions. I thought the gentleman that runs this website also builds a 7mmLRM. He could probably point you in the right direction also.

Could a guy buy a rem 700 in 7rm and just have it re chambered in 7lrm, action trued and bolt face done and be ready to shoot? After getting brass and dies of course.

Might be able to but, I believe they build their 7LRM with a 1-8 twist barrel to shoot the 180 Berger Hybrids that's what mine will have when it gets done. If you want to do that why not just get a 7STW or 7RUM off the shelf and have some action work and trigger work done and call it good. I don't know how much brass is for either one, but 7LRM brass is around $1.30 a piece from gunwerks and dies are $100.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.