• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 7-300WSM built by SSG

TAZMAN

Gunsmith: Nathan Dagley of StraightShot Gunsmithing (SSG)
Caliber: 7mm-300WSM
Build components:
-Defiance action
-McMillan A3-5 laminate hydro dipped multi-cam, integrated cheeck piece and bubble level, pillar bedded
-5R Benchmark Barrel, 26", Jackass Contour, 1:9 twist, fluted, metal coated KG Kote (bake on) Titanium Gray
-SSG "V" Port Vaporizer Brake
-Kwik Klip bottom metal w/3-round & 7-round magazines
-Seekins 20MOA base keyed to Seekins lug
-SSG Tactical Traction bolt knob
-Shillen trigger set @ 1.625 lbs
-Load development and barrel break-in was completed by gunsmith

Round count: Exactly 276 rounds fired.

Bare rifle weight: 10lb 4oz.

-Rifle will ship insured in hard case
Scope rings and bipod not included.

$2850 - if it doesn't sell I will put a 1-8 300 PRC barrel on it.

Here is the link to the original add when I purchased the rifle. https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/ssg-custom-7mm-300wsm-defiance-benchmark-a3-5.222951/

I have brass and dies to complete the set up. I am going to build a 300PRC but I will take a pistol A/R 223 as a partial trade if it's nice.

Thanks!
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Last edited:
I have had some inquiries about load data. I shoot the 180 Berger hybrid at 2990fps using H1000 with a es of 8 if you anneal the brass. I have either 50 or 100 rounds of new brass that has been annealed along with the brass I have been using. I have tested the 197 SMK and at 100 they do fine but I have not shot them any farther.

I am in Central Indiana. Action is 416 stainless and the barrel is also stainless. They are both coated.

It really is very nice to shoot and would make someone a great rig. I bought it with a intent to go out West but that never happened and I just shoot it once in a while when I want to remind myself how it shoots. I have had some offers but not quite where I want to be. If it sells then someone will get a great full ready rig. If not then I may swap the barrel or just keep it in the safe.

Thank you for the compliment on the rifle.

I shot some 162 ELDM's and they shot great also but the 180 just seems to be a real sweet spot for this rig. I am surprised it hasn't sold but money is tight these days for a lot of people.

May take a new BR2500 rangefinder as a partial trade if that will help someone out. Must be latest iteration.

One time price drop to $2700. If it doesn't sell I will have it converted to 300 PRC or put it back in the safe. I think this is a more than fair price for this rig and set up.