7-300 Norma Mag Improved. IT’S ALIVE!!

Hahaha no hate here!! I love Berger's! But ELDM's have an immediate upset which definitely helps at lower impact velocities.
If we could get the consistency of the Berger with the tip of the eldm, we'd really be onto something.

Hears one for you. I guy I know over in the eastern side, shot a huge bull with bow.Im trying to recall ,but I believe it was a frontal, single lung hit.They tracked it for over a mile and then lost sign.This bull was on there hit list and the other brothers a guide.The next year, guide brother killed the bull, had the scar tissue at chest, was massive as before, looked like a heifer ,was over 400.

If we could get the consistency of the Berger with the tip of the eldm, we'd really be onto something.
The ELDM is basically a tipped VLD-H bullet, with a better BC. Same jacket thickness and everything.

I think Berger is king of true consistency for long range. But ELDM's have shot great for me in the last 5 barrels I've shot them in.
Hears one for you. I guy I know over in the eastern side, shot a huge bull with bow.Im trying to recall ,but I believe it was a frontal, single lung hit.They tracked it for over a mile and then lost sign.This bull was on there hit list and the other brothers a guide.The next year, guide brother killed the bull, had the scar tissue at chest, was massive as before, looked like a heifer ,was over 400.
Bulls are definitely tough, with a bad shot. No doubt about it. You're not going to make a bad shot and likely recover them, like maybe with a deer. Shot placement is more important with them for sure!

I agree, tip bullets upset very quick after impact, for some reasons my guns shoot hybrids better than ELDs, not by much but I'm picky ☺️
I always had Berger's shoot slightly better than the ELDM's also. Until I figured out ELDM's don't like neck tension. I shoot Berger's at .002 and ELDM at .001. Made a huge difference

I havent personally killed anything yet with the 245 but heard good things
Has anybody put any thought into the minimum speeds to justify the different bergers? 215 vs 230 vs 245?

I have a 22" 300NMI and I think I've settled on the 225/230 but those 245s look like spears!

Has anybody put any thought into the minimum speeds to justify the different bergers? 215 vs 230 vs 245?

I have a 22" 300NMI and I think I've settled on the 225/230 but those 245s look like spears!
I put a perfect shot on a buck at almost 1000 yards with a 230 hybrid MV of 3030fps. Results weren't extraordinary. He was on his feet for 1 minute and 40 seconds after impact.

Thats why I started looking into ELDM. If an animal is closer, sure it might blow up rapidly, but the shot will be perfect and it'll still die. But if the shot is a long bomb, I know I'll get better bullet upset.