7-300 Norma Mag Improved. IT’S ALIVE!!

You might be right. I would say this cartridge needs some 195s eol or 190 atips if you had more twist.

With that combo, the SG would be around 1.3 for you low landers.

An 8 twist 5 groove/6groove would be money with some 190 atips
More testing will ensue 🙌🏼. Looks like a fun promising cartridge. No reason not to spin up a couple barrels. Killing animals with any cartridge is easy for the most part. Messing with all this stuff before season is the fun part, but most unnecessary haha

I'm extremely happy with the both the initial accuracy and the velocities I'm getting for sure.

Barrel has exactly 50 rounds on it now. Only fire cracking 4" down the barrel. Should be good for 150-200 🤣🤣🤣
'I'm extremely happy with the accuracy of my load on initial barrel and plan to be dialed in for hunting on my third or fourth for sure!'

Fixed it for you!😁😁😁

Nice choice of components. Great job!
Thank you Bob

'I'm extremely happy with the accuracy of my load on initial barrel and plan to be dialed in for hunting on my third or fourth for sure!'

Fixed it for you!😁😁😁
Hahahaha so true 😂😂. This is a data collection barrel 🙌🏼.

But let's be honest. I could baby it right now and save it for season and shoot 180 ELDM's at 3300 when season comes no problem, since it's already showing such good promise with them….. but why would I do that 😅😅

Those 7mm are cute and all, but I like a 300nmi and 245s for killin stuff! You have plenty of time to convert back!
Hahaha I just got bored with the 300 NMI. It shoots too good and kills too well 😅. Needed to spice things up… for no reason whatsoever haha.

I had grand plans…then did this exact same thing. Now I have a pile of 245's to shoot and a pile of 215's collecting dust.
I have a bunch of 215's also, but decided on the ELDM instead. I mostly hunt deer, and that bullet is like a hand grenade going off in the chest cavity 🙌🏼.

190 LRHT about .015 off the lands.
IMG_1875.jpeg

Color me impressed! Real sweet rifle package…..should be a pleasure to hunt with!

A "weee bit" heavy for my tastes, and then the "weed burner"……other than that 👍👍 2 thumbs up! memtb

Last edited:
What is the COAL on that cartridge?
The 180 ELDM is 3.577" and the 190 LRHT is 3.625"
Color me impressed! Real sweet rifle package…..should be a pleasure to hunt with!

A "weee bit" heavy for my tastes, and the "weed burner"……other than that 👍👍 2 thumbs up! memtb
Thanks! Haha yeah she's got some weight to her. Probably be a pound lighter and still have manageable recoil honestly.