7-300 Norma Mag Improved. IT’S ALIVE!!

Here's a cool little bonus of the 7-300 NMI compared to the 300 NMI. Both of these bullets were the most deformed bullet from the magazine after a shot. I'm not sure if the shorter .050 COAL difference helps that much, or if it really has less recoil. But the 7-300 definitely doesn't deform the bullet tips as bad in the 3.770 Hawkins mags
IMG_2197.jpeg

Id try some rl50 in that cartridge. The flame temp is lower than n570 and h50bmg. It might buy you some barrel life

H20 capacity is about 108gr with lapua brass. It should be real close to the 7rum data.

I have one of these builds coming up also for a good customer, just waiting on the reamer.
On that note I'd try some US869 as it's great with heavy for caliber pills and it's really low flame temp

Yeah there are tons of feral hogs around here man. But almost all of their home areas are on private land. My buddy was nice enough to take me out to a big ranch he had access too. Took us 6 hours and 6 miles to finally find a herd of them!
I was going to say I'll drive down for a hunt, but my buddy in Texas sounds like an easier time 😂

Got the new 23.5" #5 benchmark on the
7-300. While the over 1lb weight reduction is certainly nice, it's got some pretty good thump to it honestly. Definitely harder to spot impacts. I do like the slightly shorter barrel though. So I'm going to shoot it off and on in this configuration, and when the season gets a little closer I'm going to go back to a heavier profiled barrel at a 24" finish length I'm thinking. I'll hold off on buying anything just yet, until I can fully make up my mind hahaha. But I do like the consistency and performance of the cartridge. So I'll for sure be hunting with it this season!

But it's shooting the 180 ELDM's at 3110fps with 83.5gr. H1000 with an ES of 23fps for 15 shots.

View attachment 551543
Like your barrel cooler. Is that homemade or is it available to order?

I did one that has the same powder capacity. It is a 6.5-.338 RUM using 7RUM brass to get an extra .100" longer neck. It is on a Savage action with a 28" Lilja barrel. I tried one bullet which was a Nosler 140. Velocity is 3,419 feet per second.
That's where all the 7RUM brass went.

Like your barrel cooler. Is that homemade or is it available to order?

I just bought this package, and then bought a 2nd pump from Amazon because the batteries don't last very long. Works great though!

I just bought this package, and then bought a 2nd pump from Amazon because the batteries don't last very long. Works great though!
I use the 20v dewalt air pump/tire inflator. I run a piece of rubber fuel hose off the tip to fit the chamber depending what rifle I'm shooting. Moves some volume for sure! Battery life is a positive as well.

When I'm home I use my air compressor with a rubber fitting on the back of my bore guide but don't have anything while at the range although my range I believe has electrical outlets nearby so it wouldn't necessarily need to be battery powered.