6mm creedmoor first coyotes

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by bigdaddyWSM, Oct 5, 2018.

1. bigdaddyWSM

bigdaddyWSM Active Member

Got my first pair of coyotes last friday with my 6mm creedmoor & 105 Amax. dropped like a bag of dead meat at 200 yards both.

Attached Files:

dstark likes this.
  2. geo4061

geo4061 Well-Known Member

Did you shoot that first one in the head? Bleeding from the ear? What's up with his skint tail? How about the rest of the story? Calling? Over Bait? Stalking? Evidently your pretty good at this. How about some tips posted under the thread Coyote Hunting Tips. Thanks.

3. cheechin

cheechin Well-Known Member

Very Nice, Congrats.

4. bigdaddyWSM

bigdaddyWSM Active Member

The bottom coyote was bedded down around 220 yds & when I started calling he popped his head up & I took head shot, went in his eye & out his ear. Tail was normal, prolly just full of burrs. Other was called using pup distress, chest shot. Had a 3rd called in perfectly & I stopped it at 150 yds for my buddy but he missed & it took off, I don't like taking running shots to educate them, most times a single miss can be called in another time later date.

geo4061 and mcseal2 like this.
  5. woodnut

woodnut Well-Known Member

Love hearing about that "sleeper" 6 Creed! I have used it on a groundhog at only 90 yards; but the devastation of the 105 HPBT was dramatic! Have also taken it West for prairie dogs and it will reach waaay out there and tag em hard! Congrats to you for the fine yote kills. That's one animal I really, really want to whack!