6mm ARC build ?

troupe

Looking to build a 20" AR in 6mm ARC. Will keep it fairly light weight. Planning on shooting the 90gr Sierra Game Changers. Any feed back from more experienced shooters with real world results. Hoping for 2800 fps. Will also have 95gr Bergers and 90 gr Ballistic Tips. Powders is unknown, other than what I have researched. Sounds like the Leverevolution may give the best velocities.

Open to opinions and thanks in advance,

Merry Christmas,

Tom

I get 2680 from a 22" barrel shooting factory 108gr eld-m. I have an 18" barrel that I get around 2600 from the same ammo. I would think you would be able to get what you are looking for pretty easily.

I hope so, really looking forward to it. I don't know if it is like this for most folks, as I get older, I am leaning towards the smaller calibers. I will never be able to hunt big game like I dream of, working class guy here. Deer and maybe if I am lucky, a black bear.

I hope so, really looking forward to it. I don't know if it is like this for most folks, as I get older, I am leaning towards the smaller calibers. I will never be able to hunt big game like I dream of, working class guy here. Deer and maybe if I am lucky, a black bear.
Sounds like we are in similar places in life. Take up predator hunting and everything else becomes borderline irrelevant.

I also fell into the Thermal scene for varmints . The AR platform is the great set up for so much.

I found some info on the Hammer bullets, looks promising for the lighter bullets in the ARC

Recent Posts