6mm ARC - AR Build?

img_9848-jpeg.473962

@ajvinyard just curious as to what muzzle brake that is on your nice-looking rifle.
thanks.
Thanks for the compliment, the muzzle brake was something off eBay with no brand name but looks identical to one my brother had from Witt machine
Don't know if it was made by them but looks like theirs

The 6mm ARC for my son is now finished for phase 1. Huge thanks to Nez for building him the barrel and machining the muzzle brake to perfect timing. I cannot express enough how awesome he has been to help my son out.

The build is only phase 1 as he now has to earn more money to upgrade his trigger and stock. Basic M4 stock and milspec trigger aren't ideal, but he has the backbone of a great rifle.
Any further updates? Hows the rifle doing?

If you have not already upgraded it, Id highly recommend the JP enhanced reliability spring kit for the trigger. Make a mil-spec trigger decent for about $12. Takes about 2lb off and makes it feel smoother. Still 100% reliable with hard military type primers.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1003366096

Any further updates? Hows the rifle doing?

If you have not already upgraded it, Id highly recommend the JP enhanced reliability spring kit for the trigger. Make a mil-spec trigger decent for about $12. Takes about 2lb off and makes it feel smoother. Still 100% reliable with hard military type primers.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1003366096

The rifle shoots well. I will try the spring kit above as the trigger sucks. I actually swapped lowers with my other one because it had a better trigger.

We have not done a full load development yet, but I would say with a couple quick loads we are at about 1-1.25moa. The barrel is fast though compared to hornadys load data with the 90gr CX. The load data shows it should shoot about n 2700ish, and the load is actually just north of 2800fps.

We have to adjust the gasblock more though as currently it only cycles 100% when suppressed. My son managed to lose the gas wrench though so I had to order a new one... next range trip we will adjust it to cycle without the suppressor.

So far he is digging it alot, and wants to shoot more. He is planning on taking it on his javelina hunt in a couple weeks. We took it on our bear hunt about a month ago, but never found anything to use it on. That is what we loaded the 90gr CX for.

This is the first hunt with the 6ARC. We haven't found any javelina to use it on yet, but it looks good. It is a little front heavy with the bipod and suppressor, but isn't bad to carry. I found some used mags that had needed some paint so my son insisted on red.

We had to cut this hunt short, it actually started last weekend, but we both had turkey tags last weekend. We both managed to get turkeys so it wasn't a complete bust.

Attachments

• 20231008_150121.jpg
    20231008_150121.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 59
  • 20231007_163629.jpg
    20231007_163629.jpg
    679.2 KB · Views: 51
  • 20231014_093311.jpg
    20231014_093311.jpg
    505.5 KB · Views: 48
This is the first hunt with the 6ARC. We haven't found any javelina to use it on yet, but it looks good. It is a little front heavy with the bipod and suppressor, but isn't bad to carry. I found some used mags that had needed some paint so my son insisted on red.

We had to cut this hunt short, it actually started last weekend, but we both had turkey tags last weekend. We both managed to get turkeys so it wasn't a complete bust.

Congratulations. Good job, young man.

I was conntiplating in building 6mm arc but hesitated because of the lack of ammo and even brass that's available. I even gave interest in building 6.8 only because I believe the military is changing to that round and if that's final, ammo will be as common as 5..6 and 233.... just a thought, arc and 6.8 are great 👍

I was conntiplating in building 6mm arc but hesitated because of the lack of ammo and even brass that's available. I even gave interest in building 6.8 only because I believe the military is changing to that round and if that's final, ammo will be as common as 5..6 and 233.... just a thought, arc and 6.8 are great 👍
The 6.8 the military is changing to is a different 6.8, it is 277 fury. The 6.8 for ARs is different and harder to find.

Ammo for 6arc has been getting easier to find over the last 6 months. I have seen it on the shelf multiple times in the last month or so. I have bought about 200 rounds to shoot and load.

Starline recently released brass for it too, so it is becoming more commonly available. I would highly recommend the 6ARC if you are interested. Or a 6.5 grendel if you want something a little more common as of right now.

Thanks for that info. I've checked every week at Bass Pro in central Florida and as yet never saw any 6mmm arc. I guess, as a first choice for a build in the arc . I'll wait until it becomes common and available..