6mm ARC - AR Build?

Hoss50

Who has built one? My 11 year old decided that he needs an AR in 6mm ARC so I made him a deal to build one. He has to fully assemble the rifle (he loves legos) from scratch and we are going to do the research and build together. He also has to pay up and put some of his own money into the build.

This is the basic plan right now I think, but am just in the beginning stages.

Aero Lower (already have it)

Aero Stripped Upper (ordered a blemished up for $50)

Probably an 16-18" barrel with Keymo muzzle brake on it so I can easily put on a suppressor once it gets out of ATF jail.

Adjustable gas block.

rest is TBD.

Who makes a good reasonably priced barrel for an ARC that wouldn't be crazy heavy or a budget Killer? I see a 16" Faxon and an 18" Wilson Combat.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Harley

Harley,

If you are not picky I can spin one up for your son. I have a take off 6mm Krieger barrel that I can harvest good 16 to 18 inch from it.

The other thing we need to establish is the required date for the barrel. I have 2 personal projects I need to finish before I can offer my services.

The last thing we need to understand, you have to buy the barrel extension. Having said that, you need to buy one from Compass Lake Engineering with the 1.000 OD.

Your out-of-pocket would be the barrel extension and the barrel ride to you.

If interested email or txt me.

Regards,
Nez Rongero
[email protected]
512-300-7021

Last edited:
I will also give you heads up..... buy extra pivot and takedown pins and springs. OR have magnetic walls OR be inside a bubble. The buffer spring and detent should be good as long as you only install then when the tube is at the end. Safety should de safe not to lose. Invest in some anti-sieze and get a torque wrench.

Who has built one? My 11 year old decided that he needs an AR in 6mm ARC so I made him a deal to build one. He has to fully assemble the rifle (he loves legos) from scratch and we are going to do the research and build together. He also has to pay up and put some of his own money into the build.

This is the basic plan right now I think, but am just in the beginning stages.

Aero Lower (already have it)

Aero Stripped Upper (ordered a blemished up for $50)

Probably an 16-18" barrel with Keymo muzzle brake on it so I can easily put on a suppressor once it gets out of ATF jail.

Adjustable gas block.

rest is TBD.

Who makes a good reasonably priced barrel for an ARC that wouldn't be crazy heavy or a budget Killer? I see a 16" Faxon and an 18" Wilson Combat.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Harley
I went with ballistic advantage

This is the one i went with and so far I'm really impressed with how it shoots.

Harley,

If you are not picky I can spin one up for your son. I have a take off 6mm Krieger barrel that I can harvest good 16 to 18 inch from it.

The other thing we need to establish is the required date for the barrel. I have 2 personal projects I need to finish before I can offer my services.

The last thing we need to understand, you have to buy the barrel extension. Having said that, you need to buy one from Compass Lake Engineering with the 1.000 OD.

Your out-of-pocket would be the barrel extension and the barrel ride to you.

If interested email or txt me.

Regards,
Nez Rongero
[email protected]
512-300-7021
Hi Nez,

I sent you an email. Thank you for the offer.

The build has begun. I ordered a blemished Aero Stripped Upper (can't see any blemish) and it arrives today. Yesterday my son and I went to a local store that stocks some AR parts and he bought his dustcover and forward assist. He assembled the upper tonight with some help.

I have some parts on the way to Nez who is generously going to build him a barrel for this project.

My son has a javelina tag in October so hopefully he will be done by then. He is going to have to put in some sweat equity and earn some money to aquire more parts if he is going to make it.

The cheap furniture will go away sometime, but since I donated my extra lower to him that's what he gets til he earns some $$$ to get nicer stuff.

Attachments

• 20230629_183928.jpg
    20230629_183928.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 92
@Hoss50 I will give your son a NM upper with carry handle topped off with pinned 1/4 moa rear sight(one of my 1st projects on the mill), service rifle float tube inside the handguard. It does not have BCG, and no charging handle.....................................

..Under one condition, you have to teach him how to shoot iron sight. He does not have to compete in high power matches, just shoot from the bench till he learns how to shoot nice small groups in the middle at 100 or 200 with iron sight.

Every kid needs to learn how shoot with iron sights. Let me know. If you want it and agreed to my condition, I can ship this within a day or two.

Nez

20230630_020951.jpg
20230630_020946.jpg
20230630_020933.jpg
20230630_020924.jpg
20230630_020905.jpg
20230630_020856.jpg

@Hoss50 I will give your son a NM upper with carry handle topped off with pinned 1/4 moa rear sight(one of my 1st projects on the mill), service rifle float tube inside the handguard. It does not have BCG, and no charging handle.....................................

..Under one condition, you have to teach him how to shoot iron sight. He does not have to compete in high power matches, just shoot from the bench till he learns how to shoot nice small groups in the middle at 100 or 200 with iron sight.

Every kid needs to learn how shoot with iron sights. Let me know. If you want it and agreed to my condition, I can ship this within a day or two.

Nez

View attachment 473952View attachment 473953View attachment 473954View attachment 473955View attachment 473956View attachment 473957
I believe all beginners and young shooters should shoot/practice with irons. Kinda like using the backboard then just popping the net. The backboard is always the best way as is irons will always be!

Recent Posts