6Dasher build!

Coldfinger

Well after almost a year of waiting everything has finally came together! With the skilled hands of Baron @ Total Precision Rifleworks my dream build has finally been set out on some bags. I cannot say enough good about Barons attention to detail and precision rifle building. It's safe to say it's shooting the exact bullet that I wanted to run quite well. First 3 round group at 105 yards. Took 2 to get on paper. Thanks again Barren another one of your builds for the safe, I'm sure you'll be hearing from me again. And again and again!
Falkor short action (smoothest I've ever cycled)
Lilja 10 twist 22" diamond flute #3 contour
Ag Composites (privateer I think)
Trigger Tech diamond
Hawkins Hunter m5 bottom metal
Primal Rights BR conversion in AM mag
Falkor bases
Leica amplus 3-18
Alpha brass
Fed gold medal br primer
Berger 64 grain column bullet
Varget fuel
Gonna let the boys break it in on a PA deer in am if we're fortunate enough!

Attachments

• IMG_3567.jpeg
    IMG_3567.jpeg
    298.3 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_3569.jpeg
    IMG_3569.jpeg
    337.5 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_3568.jpeg
    IMG_3568.jpeg
    290.2 KB · Views: 73
Well after almost a year of waiting everything has finally came together! With the skilled hands of Baron @ Total Precision Rifleworks my dream build has finally been set out on some bags. I cannot say enough good about Barons attention to detail and precision rifle building. It's safe to say it's shooting the exact bullet that I wanted to run quite well. First 3 round group at 105 yards. Took 2 to get on paper. Thanks again Barren another one of your builds for the safe, I'm sure you'll be hearing from me again. And again and again!
Falkor short action (smoothest I've ever cycled)
Lilja 10 twist 22" diamond flute #3 contour
Ag Composites (privateer I think)
Trigger Tech diamond
Hawkins Hunter m5 bottom metal
Primal Rights BR conversion in AM mag
Falkor bases
Leica amplus 3-18
Alpha brass
Fed gold medal br primer
Berger 64 grain column bullet
Varget fuel
Gonna let the boys break it in on a PA deer in am if we're fortunate enough!

Attachments

• IMG_3549.jpeg
    IMG_3549.jpeg
    341.7 KB · Views: 41
Love my dasher.

Fun round to shoot.
Yes I bought a used barreled action here which was much too heavy but fell in love with the lil monster of a cartridge! Had to order .050 freebore reamer to shoot the bullet I wanted but I'm thoroughly happy I waited for everything. Believe it or not the 64 grain Bergers held up to my other dashers 7 twist at 3600 fps

Nice build. I love my Dasher. But hate that I can't get it to feed! Wish my EH1 was an M5 inlet to run a Hawkins hunter mag. Just got some 75 hr hammer HHT to try in it. Curious how fast I can get them going.

I might end up re chambering to a 6 creed if I can't get this thing to feed. I'd hate to do it because the dasher is just so much fun.

Attachments

• DAACE800-DB1E-4BE1-B68C-E5F7A174EDE2.jpeg
    DAACE800-DB1E-4BE1-B68C-E5F7A174EDE2.jpeg
    227.2 KB · Views: 33
Nice build. I love my Dasher. But hate that I can't get it to feed! Wish my EH1 was an M5 inlet to run a Hawkins hunter mag. Just got some 75 hr hammer HHT to try in it. Curious how fast I can get them going.

I might end up re chambering to a 6 creed if I can't get this thing to feed. I'd hate to do it because the dasher is just so much fun.
What magazine are you using? You may need to adjust the magazine "Lip" to get it to feed correctly. May be just a simple fix. I know a few shooters that run 6mm Dashers and love them.
Check with "HYDRA6" LRH Member.

What magazine are you using? You may need to adjust the magazine "Lip" to get it to feed correctly. May be just a simple fix. I know a few shooters that run 6mm Dashers and love them.
Check with "HYDRA6" LRH Member.
Thanks for the tip. I recently got a box and follower from Wyatt That they recommend for the 6 Dasher. I'll spend some time trying to adjust things after hunting season. I called HS Precision this week for there replacement BDL to removable magazine. They didn't have anything that would work.

I tried a local smith to see if he'd Inlet to M5, but he wasn't comfortable doing the job.

Do you have a smith close that can open the inlet up so you can run the mags with the correct kit?

Have you tried Primal rights br conversion. Mine feeds like glass. Also I loaded them in 4 round hunter mag without kit just stack them about 1/2" forward of rear mag assembly. I did and it feeds like glass. I ordered a couple more conversions so I can fit them to my hunter magazine.

Have you tried Primal rights br conversion. Mine feeds like glass. Also I loaded them in 4 round hunter mag without kit just stack them about 1/2" forward of rear mag assembly. I did and it feeds like glass. I ordered a couple more conversions so I can fit them to my hunter magazine.
I will look into it. Sorry OP my intent wasn't to hyjack your thread. Again beautiful build.

I will look into it. Sorry OP my intent wasn't to hyjack your thread. Again beautiful build.
Today I used my index finger as the br spacer pushing hunter mag follower down as I loaded it. My son had an opportunity to test her out across a northern Pa clear cut. Perfect way to break it in 300 solid yard shot!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_3571.jpeg
    IMG_3571.jpeg
    768.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3572.jpeg
    IMG_3572.jpeg
    594.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3575.jpeg
    IMG_3575.jpeg
    768.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3576.jpeg
    IMG_3576.jpeg
    549.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3577.jpeg
    IMG_3577.jpeg
    580.6 KB · Views: 21
Congratulations to your son and you! The Dashers' accuracy will spoil you. A day with it and nothing else seems good enough anymore.
I'll have to look into the Primal Rights conversion - that would come in handy.