6BR, 6 Dasher, 6GT

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
We are set up for the 6BR with custom Reamer, several barrels, lots of 105 gr Breger hybrids, Lapua Brass, Varget and Dies. We have several friends switch over to the 6 Dasher and now the 6GT. Now we are just not going to put our 6BR on the side and build the Dasher or GT. Although we just picked up a custom 6 Dasher Reamer.

I decided to look into the Pros and Cons of these three cartridges. I found that all three have some good Pros.
Since we have an extra 6mm barrel and actions we could easily switch or ADD a Dasher by just getting some dies and shooting 6BR to fire form to a Dasher.

Thanks
Len & Jill

For PRS, I had a 6BR then moved to 6 Dasher in my primary rifle and I had my old 6XC rebarreled to 6BRA. PRS game for me is a 105-115 grain projectile going 2700-2900 fps.
1) 6BR is extremely accurate and efficient. For me, only downside is stuck to the Varget and similar powders due to case capacity. Varget became unobtainable for a season and I switched to N140 (fine) but was worried about powder that season.
2) 6 Dasher is extremely accurate and efficient and can be run faster than BR (but I do not run it faster). Best part of Dasher for me is Alpha brass availability and the extra case capacity makes H4350 powder an option. In general, more powder options when Varget gets scarce. If you go Dasher, the chamber is a big deal as the chamber needs to play well with Alpha brass (or deal with fireforming Lapua). I just swapped my first Dasher barrel out and replaced with a Proof Research 6 Dasher prefit - very pleased, breaking in now for 2024 season. Also, trying 115 DTACs this year (115s may not be good fit for straight BR).
3) 6BRA is obviously BR+. I did the 6BRA on backup to keep the brass separated! BRA also has Alpha brass and again the BRA chamber needs to play well with Alpha brass or if the chamber is "Lapua" friendly then easy fireform.
4) Have not done 6GT. 6GT seems best suited for those wanting factory ammo, want to fit in regular 308 mag, want to burn less powder than 6mm Creedmoor.

The only downside I've heard to the dasher is feeding issues due to the shoulder angle and short fat case. The gt has the speed of the dasher without the issues. At least thats what I see around the interwebs. Trying to decide myself.

Good stuff
I'm really torn between a 6bra and GT.
That first vid makes a really good point about the smaller cases being tied to Varget though.
I'm flush with H4350, and with Lapua 6GT brass coming this fall I'm pretty sure it's gonna be where I end up.

6gt with 115 dtacs at 2820 is pretty solid. Highest bc 6mm without spending ludicrous atip prices, and low psi levels to get this, like 35.2gr H4350. I ran a bra last year with 105s at 2930 using 33.6gr H4350, and it's warm. The slower dtac load has better wind, and very similar recoil.
I ran DTACs in my 6XC until that barrel died. I am switching to 115 DTACs this year - tired of chasing Bergers plus the price increases.