625 yard PA Buck 2008 video

The lead deer was just a small half a six, there were 3 doe and a spike buck with these deer aslo but not on the video. Another member of our camp killed a deer the second week and its antlers came off when he drug it out too. I don't know if the cold or nutrition had anything to do with it or just that they are losing their antlers early.

again nice video kevin.
my nephew killed one this year, and both horns were gone when he got to him. he had slid down the hill aways, so he backtracked and found both of them about 50 ft. apart.

It's not too hard with the right set up. I have a couple different ways of filming, but always looking for a better way. Mirage plays hell with the high magnification especially on a sunny day, and a full zoom in and out is hard without getting vignetting. I'll probably post a write up sometime on how it's done so we can see other members hunts with some better detail.

Great video. Love the contrail of the bullet path.

Sure enough, the buck in front only had his left antler. If you could have tagged him, you would have had a pair.

Where do you hunt if i might ask? I hunt in Bedford co. Killed the largest buck of my life this past season 8 pt. 21.5" Our hunting has been very poor last few years. The 2 week of doe season is hurting us bad. BTW nice shooting and some of the better video's i have seen.
Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.