6 arc seating die options

Nuube

Looking for other seating die options for 6 arc in a AR15, other than hornady. Can 6PPC forester seating die be used? I've heard better things about forester seating dies! Does anyone feel like RCBS small base dies are necessary for a gas gun? I know the cartridge is pretty new, but was hoping to get some input on dies. I've also heard good things about mighty armory sizing die. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Basically anything you want is out there already. RCBS taper crimp and small base set. Lee FL and collet sets. Mighty Armory match die. LE Wilson inline seater. Forester mic seater.

I've used small base dies before, but I don't find them necessary in 223 and 300 BLK subs. If I was running max pressure 5.56 rounds maybe. I would not buy trouble and use standard dies first, them if there are actual problems with your loads use the RCBS set to either small base resize and/or taper crimp as actually required.

Curious what you have against Hornady? Put a mic stem in their seater die and for an AR they're as good as RCBS, Lee, Forster, etc.

Last edited:
I guess I personally do not have anything against them, have never used hornady dies, I have just heard mixed reviews. I might just give them a try. Thx for the input

I have 3 die sets for the arc. I have a rcbs small base, rcbs matchmaster, and an Hornady custom die.

The matchmaster is a pain in the ***, also will not seat absolute hammers. They get stuck in the seater.

The other two are the same. No issues they work

I've never used hornady dies, just had heard mixed reviews. Actually have a set coming in the mail with the micrometer, so we'll see how it goes. Thx for the help!
I've found the custom grade Horna seaters to be very precise. So much so got reload shop to use with new calibers coming out. RCBS is really good too.

I guess I personally do not have anything against them, have never used hornady dies, I have just heard mixed reviews. I might just give them a try. Thx for the input
I like the Hornady seater. It's easy and cheap. I have a few of them that I use. One nice addition for about $40 is the micrometer seater stem that you just screw in. Makes for a good micrometer seater die for not much money. I use them for 9mm, 6.5 Creedmoor, 6.5 Grendel and 223. Good luck. If not Hornady I'd go with a Redding competition seater, just my preference.

Last edited:
I have both a gas and bolt in 6 ARC. Both are very accurate and easy to load for. I use a hornady fl sizer in my coax to step down 6.5 Grendel brass. For whatever reason it gives half the neck runout of Forster, and Forster normally provides less runout. I do my seating with a Forster seating die. Out shooting the bolt gun today, very nice results. C4519CE9-92C9-40AE-8DA1-7221DAFDDD5F.jpeg

I've found the custom grade Horna seaters to be very precise. So much so got reload shop to use with new calibers coming out. RCBS is really good too.
Short of (this may change) pistol dies, I've quit buying RCBS and have mostly been buying Hornady dies. I even just bought another set the other day for a .270 Win, added the MicroJust as well. They're hard to beat for around $80. The only other dies I've bought are bushing dies from Redding, I do like their Competition Seater more but it's quite a lot more expensive.

Last edited: