6.5x47 Lapua

I recently had a lightweight 6.5x47 built myself. The reason I chose it over other comparable chamberings was due to the reputation of it being easy to load for and also because I wanted something a little different than what most people were using.

I plan to mainly run the 110gr. Hammer Hunters in front of Varget. I believe this will be a great recipe for deer and antelope. I think it'll make a great starter rifle for my kids too.
My load from a Bartlein 26 inch barrel.

IMG_0955.jpeg

I recently had a lightweight 6.5x47 built myself. The reason I chose it over other comparable chamberings was due to the reputation of it being easy to load for and also because I wanted something a little different than what most people were using.

I plan to mainly run the 110gr. Hammer Hunters in front of Varget. I believe this will be a great recipe for deer and antelope. I think it'll make a great starter rifle for my kids too.
Might want to check out those 85gr HH or the new 80gr Tipped HH @ 3400fps! My barrel LOVES the 124gr and 85gr, but didn't like the 110gr HH. Three shots at 100 yards, virtually no load development.
52387448601_6a65912a3e_c.jpg