6,5x284 at 2400 rds

Sorry, no idea as I have no Berger bullets. The 140gr Amax is 82mm (3.228") but this was crudely measured with a cleaning rod/ pencil marks, so there could be errors in that measurement.

Sorry, no idea as I have no Berger bullets. The 140gr Amax is 82mm (3.228") but this was crudely measured with a cleaning rod/ pencil marks, so there could be errors in that measurement.

That's suffucient info as I was just trying to get a rough idea of the Blazer chamberimg.
The Bergers COAL will run about .020" longer to the lands over the Amax. A COAL with Berger 140's of 3.18"-3.3" works well with the Bergers. Even considering your measurement is rough, it should be in that range. Thanks.

I am currently working on a 6.5 heave varmint barrel for a Mauser V24 Action. My reamers are 6.5X06 6.5X284 and 6.5 Rem Mag. I build a 375X284 for Moose up here in Northern Ontario CANADA. Since the volume of the Brass is about equal, the Mag the largest and the 06 the smallest, I wonder WHY I shouldn't just use the Rem Mag Cartridge.
It will take me a while before I will be shooting it (winter and minus 30 etc.) and wonder how long will the barrel last?! I'm not of the kind who will wring out the last FPS., so we will see.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.