6.5wsm vs. 6.5prc

I have two 6.5 WSM builds both function perfectly in short action platforms.
Can't comment on PRC, I don't own one.

I'm pretty sure you could use an appropriate bushing in a 270 wsm bushing die. But I love Lee dies.

Keep this in mind. There literally is zero difference between 6.5 calibers. There might be a few hundred feet per second but for all practical purposes there is little to no difference. The biggest reason there are so many calibers is so gun manufacturers can sell more guns...........well and there are a bunch of crazy butt guys that like to build wildcat cartridges. yeah my father in law is building a 7mm wildcat cartridge that is based off of the SAUM with some modifications to case length, width, and shoulder angle. All to shoot tighter groups at longer distances.

The accuracy of any of the 6.5's is great. Speed varies a little but with range finders it doesn't make any difference for most practical hunting applications. So the short answer is.........Get a caliber that you can deal with the easiest and shoot it. I went with the 6.5 X 284 for two reasons. First it is on the hotter side of the 6.5 cailbers and will do well in a bunch of shooting applications. Second, my father in law has all the bench rest quality reamers, dies, bushings, equipment, ect to reload this caliber. I didn't have to buy any reloading equipment for this caliber.

Keep this in mind. There literally is zero difference between 6.5 calibers. There might be a few hundred feet per second but for all practical purposes there is little to no difference. The biggest reason there are so many calibers is so gun manufacturers can sell more guns...........well and there are a bunch of crazy butt guys that like to build wildcat cartridges. yeah my father in law is building a 7mm wildcat cartridge that is based off of the SAUM with some modifications to case length, width, and shoulder angle. All to shoot tighter groups at longer distances.

The accuracy of any of the 6.5's is great. Speed varies a little but with range finders it doesn't make any difference for most practical hunting applications. So the short answer is.........Get a caliber that you can deal with the easiest and shoot it. I went with the 6.5 X 284 for two reasons. First it is on the hotter side of the 6.5 cailbers and will do well in a bunch of shooting applications. Second, my father in law has all the bench rest quality reamers, dies, bushings, equipment, ect to reload this caliber. I didn't have to buy any reloading equipment for this caliber.
Makes good sense

I have a new build 6.5 PRC and it took me months to get brass( got 50 rounds of Hornady from a LRH member) and one can of powder. See what is available in ammo and reloading stock before you build.

With a new 6.8 short mag out there (can't recall the name of it) it has the capacity of the wsm (or close to it). How far are you using it up to and how much powder do you want to burn! I love hot rods having a m70 pre-'64 264wm and I know there are other faster 26cals out there. If I can get within 50fps of the 264wm with the same barrel length and burn less powder, then I'm for it! If you want more velocity, then get a longer barrel for the difference. I have a new 32" 7.5t 264wm barrel and can't build it until I get a correct recoil lug with .250 pin. Givin my choice I would love to build a wsm AR for kicks in a 26cal. Other than the place in Colorado making saum and wsm, but no wsm 26cal available. The prc might give you more powder choices? What about a rcm in 26cal?

What?!?!
1st off "calibers" aren't accurate barrels are.
2nd, you should do a lot more research before you say something like " a few hundred fps makes little or no difference " ... yes it matters, in wind drift, terminal energy, TOF/bullet drop. Whatever I'm done.
I like Sflutes answer. When it comes to practical, real world shooting, he's right. Everyone on this place wants to build guns with 30" barrels, with the largest, most improved case possible to get every last fps. But not many give much consideration to other factors that help when it comes to hunting and shooting. Most of the time, inside of real hunting distances, a hundred fps isn't going to make a difference. Sure, if you get out to 1200 or 1500 yards it could be a big difference but if you're trying to hit game at that distance with a 6.5 you probably have bigger issues than 100 fps. Get the PRC, why complicate the process with a wildcat for maybe 100 fps?