6.5WSM and 7WSM COL

SES50

Can anyone reloading these rounds tell me the overall cartridge length when the bullets are touching the lands using the max weight SMKs or Berger VLD.

Thanks
SES50

This is a trick question---just kidding.. Every chamber is different in a 6.5 WSM as it depends on the specifications the reamer was ground to. On my this is something I have not even checked as the magazine length on my HS Precision magazines are my limitation so it is of no consequence on the current bullet. In the future, this may change however, I am getting .4 MOA accuracy with a 140 Accubond at 3340.

Yeah, I am trying to determine if I should buy a short action or long action for the next build so that I have enough magazine length to seat them all the way out. How long is your barrel for that 6.5WSM? What brass are you starting with?

Tube was 24.5 and I used the Norma----had to be some kind of mistake but the IDIOTS and Cabelos had if for 50% off so I got 300 cases. It is perfect!!

Thought about this as well but if I went to a longer action then the WSM would not be my choice any longer because of the length.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.