6.5mm Cartridge Virtual Shootout: Which Is Best?

I wanted a 6.5x284 years ago but found a good deal on a used model 70 264 win mag. I later sold that gun but now own two model 70 264 wins. I've been asked before why I don't have a 6.5x284 & my response has/will always be why would I own one I have a 264 win. I'm a fan of most all 6.5 rounds & I do own a 6.5 creedmoor because my awesome wifey got me one for Christmas. It's mainly a target gun but I have taken it to the shooting house on a couple whitetail hunts. I may in the future add a 6.5 PRC & or a 6.5/300wby but I'm not sure yet. The 264win will do all I need done inside the ranges I'm comfortable doing it in.

I'm in agreement with GREYFOX. Having had a 6.5 Swede, 260 Rem and a 6.5 Grendel, each has it's place. The swede vs the 260 comparison is a wash. Factory ammo available for the 260 back in the day wasn't specific to LR. 10 years ago competing with the 6.5 Swede in shilouette matches it spanked a number of calibers from 200 yards out to the 600 yard line when the wind came up. Was it better than the others NO.
My son bought a Gunwerks 6.5 x 284 which is a great caliber. But in the past 4 years EVERY animal he has gone after is still out their smiling while he licks his wounds. Nothing wrong with the rifle. He's just determined to make extreme LR kills. His mistake is he fails to factor in the atmospheric conditions, terrain, the effects of variable wind changes at those distances.
Than to make matters worse is to see his Old Man make those shots.
Forget comparisons buy and shoot what you can afford. Reloading in my experience is a cost effective solution that permits me to develop ammo for my firearms. In some cases factory ammo available today shoots better. BUT not enough to pay $40+ for 20 rounds when I can load allot more for less money.
Gonzo

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.